Chapter 26

The night air grew cold and stagnant, the scent of blood fresh. Saxion laughed, looking down at the mass of bones and flesh before her. She had played all four of the heartless scum. Not that she was much better, of course. But this was a game of wits, an easy one. She had honestly hoped for more fun than what pitiful little creatures like Axel had to offer.

Sighing, she scraped the nail of her index finger across the jagged rocks of the cave wall, enjoying the metalic screech as her fingers elongated into claws. There was a whimper from the far side of the cavern and Saxion froze. She turned achingly slowly to find there was an almost dead man, cowering away from her.

"More prey?" she hummed in a low, silky tone. "My, goodness. You're a fighter, aren't you?" she stepped slowly towards him, every click of her shoes against the stone floor making the man flinch. "Don't worry. You won't feel a thing."

With that she slid her fingers across his throat, past his neck, and gripped the back of his head. With a quick snap, he went limp and bone plasma leaked from between her fingers.

"Now, to deal with the nobodies."

_____

Sorry it's so short. It's late and I have testing to prepare for.

Here's just a short little taste of what's to come and I decided to go ahead and throw out that plot twist there.