5. A suprise

It was Riley's birthday today and she was super excited. She was now 15! She felt much more mature now, and couldn't wait to see what surprises were in store for her throughout the day.

She got out of bed, and started to get ready. Humming a similar tune from one of her new favorite boy band. She was quick to get out the door after being smothered by her parents since she was now 15 after all.

————————————————-

"Rileyyyyy, happy birthday!" Shouted grace as she walked through the door. "15! How does it feel?" Asked Bree turning to Riley in a quick demeanor. "I mean I feel the same as I did before," she said laughing. "Really? No nothing that changed, whether it's a growth that happened or getting taller" she asked becoming overcome by shock. "Nope," said Riley chuckling as she spotted Val. "I'll catch you guys later." She said smiling at Grace and Bree, as they quickly went back to their convo.

She walked up to val, and her friends. "Hey, Ri" replied her girlfriend bringing her arm around her waist and kissing her forehead as she began starting up a conversation with her friends again.

Riley became confused at this, looking back up to Val. "Val," She asked soon grasping her attention. "Isn't there something else you wanna say?" She asked piercing her eyes at her.

"Uhhh...." Val started

"Yeah Val, what did you do wrong this time?" Said Dani bringing up a smirk as the others smiled humorously.

"Guys, shut up." She said before drawing her attention back to Riley. An idea soon came to her.

"Oh! I am truly very sorry for what happened last week with the dog, I promise I'll make it up to you but well won't you look at the time. Guys, we better be on our way catch you later hun!" Val said in a awkward voice before grabbing Dani and her other friends before another word came out of her mouth.

Riley just stood there, shocked and surprised. She couldn't believe that Val had just forgot her birthday. It's all she really had been talking about to her for the last few weeks, and now she just wasn't saying a word about it. She felt hurt, tears came to her eyes as she looked down, wiping them before heading to class.

———————————————————————————

"Dani, that was a really close one." Replied Val cautiously, "She would've been onto us,"

"I know this Val but I think this is hurting her, she's wondering why her own girlfriend doesn't remember her birthday," she replied getting kind of mad

"Right now, she's probably really angry with you," replied another friend

"I know you guys, I'm well aware what the costs were to keep this a secret. But that's the point of it being a suprise. She just can't know, and when she sees the surprise later, it'll all be worth it. Trust me," she said before putting her hand over her forehead shaking it

All of her friends just looked at each other, clear disagreement in their eyes. But they knew they had agreed to go along with it. So they just left it alone, and continued with their day.
——————————————

"Pstt. Riley," whispered Bree as she was leaning forward in her chair trying to get her attention. "Do you have the answer for number 3?" She asked.

Riley didn't seem to move. She's been like this all class period and Bree was trying to get her to crack or say something.

She wondered what had happened. One moment Riley was happy then she came back from hanging with Val and wasn't herself since. Wait...Val. That's what happened.