12. Summer

I woke up with a deep yawn, still tired from last night. Riley insisted on calling until 1? Maybe 2 am? I don't really remember.

We were hanging out with Bree and Grace at the coffee shop today, then probably walking downtown. It was simply going to be me, and her friends.

I walked down the stairs, still in my pajamas from yesterday. Seeing my little sister and mom already up and eating breakfast.

"Morning Valentina." My mom looked at me before going back to her paper.

"Morning mom. What's for breakfast?" I asked rubbing my eyes

"I made some chorizo, also there's some almond butter and guava muffins in the stove,"

"My favorite!" I perked up a bit at the sound of almond butter, and guava muffins.

"I knew you would be interested," she smiled, taking a small sip of her coffee.

Isabella sat down at the table, playing around with her food on the fork. She didn't look too happy.

"What's up, Isa?" I asked casually

She sighed, turn in her head up to me before looking back down at her food.

"She's wont talk to me anymore, she just stopped."

"Who won't talk to you?" I was now feeling genuinely confused, but full of curiosity.

"Isla." She replied, almost becoming sadder than she was before.

"Isla? What happened, isn't she your best friend?" I put my hand on on my chin to rest my face

"Nothing, just forget it." She mumbled

I frowned, but decided to just forget about it as I finished my breakfast. I didn't want to make her more upset than she already was, I just couldn't help but wonder what had happened.
———————————————————————————

I headed out the door, grabbing my mom's keys to start the car. She didn't really mind me borrowing it, I just recently got my license and now that I'm 16 can legally drive.

I was out the driveway, and headed to go pick up Riley and her friends.

As I pulled up, I texted her to let her know I was here.

—————————————
Val💙: Hey hun, I just got here

Ri: sweet we're heading on out
be their in a sec <3

Val💙: alr 😘
—————————————

I waited in the car for them to come out, scrolling through my phone.

Finally I saw them come out, and walk toward the car as they got in. But who I didn't see was Riley.

"Hey guys!" I greeted Bree and Grace as they hopped in the back.

"Heyy Val." Bree smiled as they got in

"Where's Riley?" I asked

"Oh! She'll be right out, she ran back in to grab her bag." Grace mentioned

"There she is!" Bree pointed out

'Sounds like her to forget something' I thought to myself, smiling.

"Hey there," I smirked as she got in

"Hey V! Really sorry for being late. I forgot my bag" she grabbed it, as she buckled up.

I kissed her on the cheek as she sat down, grabbing her hand as I held it.

"You guys ready to go?" I asked