Five // Coffee

Chapter: Five // Coffee

-Michael's POV-

The letter.

Was it real?

Did I really not know Alex?

Did she keep secrets from me?

Did she have bad habits too?

The coffee shop.

I need to look for the other letter.

I ran to the coffee shop after school, the smell of freshly made coffee fills into my lungs.

I ordered a caramel frap with extra whipped cream and extra caramel, Alex's favourite.

The cashier guy looked at me with wide eyes.

"A-Are you M-Michael??" He asked.

"Uh-yeah, last time I checked. Why?" I asked.

"A man wanted me to give this to you." He said as he reached his pocket for something small.

Another letter.

Well that was easy.

I said thanks, payed for my drink, and ran to his house. I closed the door to my house and ran to my room, taking out the letter from my pocket.

I opened the letter.

Michael,
That was easy, wasn't it? It gets harder the longer you go. Hell, you probably will give up later. But if you truly love her, you'll die for her. Anyways, let's go on about the next clue. Remember the library near the coffee shop? The one where Alex always went to before buying her coffee? Ever wondered why she went the everyday? Why don't you go check? Good luck, lover boy.

A chill ran down my spine as my thoughts filled my brain.

The library.

I've never been there before.

Not until now.

I decided to check tomorrow after school, since it was late already.

Goodnight, Alex.