Eighteen // Mirrors

Chapter: Eighteen // Mirrors

"Is that-"

"-Glass? Well yes, Luke, it is." Michael interrupted.

"Do you think it's part of the letter?" Luke asked.

"What letter?" Lupe, Dani, and Alissa both asked at the same time. Luke loomed at Michael, and Michael nodded, giving Luke the permission to explain.

As Luke explained to the three girls everything that has happened, Michael examined the shard of glass.

"This could have killed you," Alissa said in a worried tone. Luke grinned at them.

"Yeah but I'm fine." Michael looked around. "And I know where to go next."

"Where?" They all asked Michael.

Michael turned the shard of glass around. "Do you guys all know where the Mirror Maze is?"

"Yeah I saw it just around the corner, c'mon I'll show you!" Dani said as she led the way to the Mirror Maze.

They same guy they saw at the ticket booth was there and again, he stared at Michael with his glassy brown eyes. His hair was brown too, and he was wearing a red uniform with black skinny jeans. 

"Hello. Welcome to the Mirror Maze, where there are a shit ton of mirrors and you have to find your way out. Be sure to have a blast and goodluck." He said in another lame voice. 

"What's up with you?" Lupe asked, alarming the booth guy.

"Nothing. You guys just seem suspicious, that's all. Like you're trying to find something." He replied.

"No no we're just trying to have fun that's all. My name's Lupe, this is Luke, Dani, Alissa, and Michael. We're all just friends having some fun, that's all."

"Well I didn't ask for you life story, but my name's Calum." He smiled.

"And I'm Chelsea, Calum's girlfriend." A girl kissed Calum on the cheek and left quickly, running to the carousel.

"Sorry about her, she can be clingy sometimes." Calum opened the door to the maze. "Well anyways, have fun in the maze and good luck. Make sure to have a blast." 

"Why does he keep saying that? Why is is everywhere?" Michael asked, once they got in the maze. 

Mirrors everywhere, the frames lit up with bright colourful lights. It was a bit dark, with Alissa clinging on to Michael, and Lupe clinging on to Luke, and Dani in the middle of the group. 

"I wish Ashton was here so I'll have someone to hold on to. Ali has Michael, and Lupe has Luke. Ugh I hate how Ashton can be a jerk." Dani said as music started to play. 

"Whatever. Let's just go find that mirror with the missing piece." Michael said, letting go of Alissa and walking ahead. 

After a few minutes of looking for the broken mirror, they found nothing. Nothing.

"This song is so annoying! They're just replaying the same song about carousel. Ugh." Dani said as they kept walking.

"Wait. You're right. They just kept repeating the song. What if that's a clue?" Alissa asked as they all stopped to think.

"Well then let's get out of here and go!" Luke asked as they tried to find their way out of the maze.

After a few more minutes, they were finally free and they all took a deep breath. Freedom. They had to go to the find the next clue.

And it was in the carousel.