Chapter 4

Me and kelly walked back to the hospital i felt awful like dying. You alright he asked facing me i stared at him tears falling i feel like im failing i said as he hugged me tightly steve then kids love you so fucking much and your the best dad they could ask for so lets go and get my niece and nephew he said i smiled softly and we walked back in silence.
We walked into dannys room and charlie ran into me looking sad hey baby i said lifting him missed you papa he whined i held him on my hip and smiled at him wanna go home i said as he fell asleep in my arms. Grace you good i said staring at her she turned and nodded and left the room silently kelly grabbed charlie from me and left with matt leaving me and danny who was still out cold. Hey danno i said sitting next to his bed so ive got the kids you just get better im sorry danny so fucking sorry ill see you tomorrow i said and left the room feeling trapped and exhausted.
Grace can we talk i said as we got home kelly had put charlie to bed already sure grace said sitting at the table. Your mom came to see me today and she gave up her parental responsibility i said as grace stared at me shes moving to italy with stan and they want their own kids i said as she nodded are we going into care she said voice emotionless no gracie never i said kneeling in front of her grace i love you kid like your my own and thats never going to change ok so im going to raise you and charlie till danno comes home ok i said as she cried your not leaving she said as i shool my head never baby she hugged me tightly im sorry your stuck with us she said sounding older than what she is. Grace im not stuck with anyone i want to care for you family aint always blood grace and yea your mom shes being a bitch and she wants to leave fine but you have me always and in the future you might forgive your mom and thats ok grace your my kid and so is charlie now why dont you go and get a movie setup i said as she hugged me again and went into the front room. Your amazing with them shay said from the corner of the kitchen i just nodded feeling worn out.
It had been a few hours and grace was in bed as was charlie i was currently sitting on the sofa with matt and shay staring at me wrists i felt the urge to self harm steve i heard kelly say as he kneeled in front of me im poison i muttered as kelly grabbed my arms no steve your not ok your amazing and you have got this ok he said hugging me.
I went to bed at 11 which was early for me i felt charlie get in beside me and shay the other side i had a long day tomorrow the kids started their new school.