Flirting with Godfather Death

"Eryen! Over here!" Marguerite yelled, waving from market place entrance. She held her coin pouch and basket.

"There you are! I was worried I wouldn't find you in this mess." sighed Eryen with relief.

"Hahaha, you don't get out much, I assume?"

"Look at me, you think I'm roaming around during this time of day? Hah."

"No..." Marguerite replied, rolling her eyes. " You're probably just being your workaholic self."

"Hardly, it's cause I have to tend for a different kind of 'aholic. Especially you." Eryen smirked.

"Hey! I at least give you business!" Marguerite scoffed, placing her hands on her hips.

"Haha, yeah, I won't refute that."

Marguerite walked briskly ahead without Eryen, smiling and shaking her head.

Eryen followed behind, quickly catching up. "Where were you thinking of starting?"

"Oh, I don't know, this is to make up for drinking "half" your wa- OOH!"

Marguerite ran off to a stall, having been distracted by something that caught her eye.

"Oh, bother..." Eryen groaned as he rolled his eyes. Having no other choice, he followed her promptly.

After having caught up to Marguerite, he stood behind her and asked, "What did you find?"

Whipping around and shoving what she had found in Eryen's face, Marguerite squealed, "LOOOOOK!!!!! He's so cuteeeee!"

Staring back at Eryen was a small, black kitten. It had a white face, but what was most interesting was that the white was in the shape of a skull.

"That's certainly cute..." Eryen mumbled as he searched for the price.

"AND LOOOKKKKK!" Marguerite exclaimed, disregarding Eryen.

"Yes?" he replied, while he paid the stall owner for the cat.

She was now holding a hell-hound puppy in the air, watching it kick it's hind paws. It licked Marguerite on the cheek, and she laughed.

"SO LITTLE!" she gushed, not seeing that Eryen had bought the kitten.

"That's kind of cute in an odd way." Eryen admitted.

"It's cute in a cute way!" Marguerite argued.

"Yeah, I suppose."

"OH! There's the stuff you need! Bye, little guy!" Marguerite set the puppy by Eryen's feet and ran off toward another stall.

"About time." He handed the pup back to the stall owner, placed the kitten gently in his bag, and followed her. When he arrived, he saw Marguerite throwing random bottles into her basket.

"Why in heck do you need a mulling spice?"

Marguerite froze with the random bottle in her hand and looked back at Erin with confusion. "What's a mulling spice?"

"... Wha... Why did you grab it if you had no clue what it was?"

"I don't know! I told him I drank a ton of your stuff and he told me I needed it!" She said, flustered. She gestured erratically towards the shop owner.

"You believed Fredrick!?" Eryen roared.  He doubled over in a fit of laughter.

"Who?" Marguerite asked sheepishly. She was utterly confused, and still holding bottle.