Chapter 23 page 28

Hannah's eyes widened in surprise, and she furrowed her brow in thought. "I honestly have no idea how my shorts ended up in your room. Last night was such a blur for all of us."

I sigh. What happened last night? A member of staff shouted that the bus was here. Glancing at Hannah, we got on the bus, making our way to Trafford Square. At some point, Lucy stood up and offered people some sort of liquor. Saying no, I sat down and tried to put everything together.

We just got off stage. I've got about 20 minutes until I get picked up. I need to talk to Georgia. Trying to find her was a bit difficult, but I eventually said, "Georgia, can we talk?" She got up out of her seat and took that as a yes. We walked away from the madness. I couldn't stop thinking about everything. Tears threatened to spill over. "I can't just get over us; I love you and I always will. I can't just pretend that we didn't happen and that we didn't love each other." My chest hurt as memories flooded my mind.

I'm sitting on the sofa. It's been two months since the lockdown started. We started dating around a month ago. It's the best decision I've ever made. "Food should be done soon," I called out. Looking up, she stood in the door frame. "I'll be there in a moment," she replied. She walked back into the kitchen. After a few minutes, I walked in and over to the seats that were in there. She placed down the food. We didn't talk as we ate; we just enjoyed the silence. After we cleaned up, we went to the sofa where we cuddled up to each other. We were watching some random TV show when she whispered, "I love you." It felt like time stopped in that moment.

"You remember when you first told me you loved me?" A small smile crossed her face.

"Yeah, I will never be able to forget the way you looked when I said it. You went all red."

Laughing at the memory, "How can we just get over all that?"

She leaned her head on my shoulder and said, "We never will." She repeated, "We never will, but we have to. Maybe if it were different, it wouldn't be so hard, but you need to go to Spain, and I need to go to Germany. I wish there was another way, but I can't think of another way."

I couldn't let her go. "I'll tell them no. I'll give up football. I'll do anything if it means that we can be together."

She stood in front of me and wiped my falling tears. "You can't. I won't allow you to give this up. It's all you have ever dreamed of, and I won't allow you to give up football for me. I won't allow you to destroy yourself for me."

I wiped her tears, and now we were both crying. "I want you more than football. I love you more than football." Something in her eyes broke me. "You were supposed to be my happily ever after. We were supposed to get married, have three kids, and grow old together. I don't want to give that up, Georgia."

There was no point in trying to wipe mine or her tears anymore; there were too many to wipe away.

"And maybe we can still have that, but not right now. Someday in the future, maybe, but not right now. We need to do this for ourselves. We can have everything, but not right now."

I knew what she was saying was true, but I didn't want her to go. "You need to go, Lilly. I'll see you soon. I promise. But you need to do this if not for you, please go play for Barcelona. You'll do good."

As the taxi pulled out, all the girls were standing around. I was only focused on one person as they all got smaller and smaller as the car got further and further away. I knew what she said was right, but it didn't make any of it any less painful.

———————————————————
Sorry it took a few days I've been sick
What do you think of it ?