Chapter 24: His Gift

Chapter 24 Summary

[ Stranger Things One Shot ]

They had new neighbours.

While the Creel family lived somewhat far away from the rest of the town residents, the closest house next to them had remained empty ever since they'd moved to Hawkins.

Until now.

11-year-old Henry Creel would've been annoyed at the thought of new, noisy neighbours if not for ONE thing.

Pandora Braddock.

The only daughter of his new British neighbours, the Braddocks.

Who also had powers - just like him.

Henry Creel x Pandora Braddock/009

Notes

● EXTRA INFO: 009 and her parents had been reborn with the memories of their past lives. 009 still has her Biokinesis and her parents also have powers.

● I searched up info on Vecna in D&D and found out he had a lover named Pandora.

Disclaimer: I do not own Stranger Things.

---------------009---------------

Mama Creel POV

Virginia Creel couldn't help the tears of relief from falling as she stared out the window of the kitchen while washing dishes.

As she absentmindedly scrubbed off a particularly stubborn stain off a plate, her eyes remained glued to the two small figures sitting in the garden.

One was her own son, Henry, and the other was their new neighbours daughter, Pandora.

For so long Virginia had felt like their was something wrong with her little boy. She had felt awful for thinking it, but she couldn't help it.

Henry was nothing like his sister, Alice.

He was too quiet. He avoided social events like the plague. His closest friends were disgusting spiders.

And he looked at everyone like he was staring at them through a microscope. There was a coldness to his gaze. A sense of detachment. Like he didn't belong with them.

Virginia was a horrible mother to think this way about her little boy. But.....it was the truth. Henry was too different. She couldn't understand him. No one could. Not her husband. Not her daughter. Not even the kids at school.

As each day passed, she watched Henry's eyes grow colder. Like he was losing more emotion each day. Whatever warmth he had was replaced by something unsettling. Something Virginia didn't wish to name.

Her little boy was becoming a stranger to her and Virginia feared the day he would eventually snap.

Shame welled up in her at these thoughts. What kind of a mother was she? Scared of her own son?

But her gut told her otherwise.

Alarm bells went off in her head when she started finding dead animals in the garden.

Which were conveniently found after Henry was there.

Virginia shuddered, remembering how Alice had screamed after finding a dead bunny.

Her son was becoming a monster. She had no proof but her (survival) instincts told her otherwise.

She feared the day he'd switch from dead bunnies to dead people.