Chapter 12 - New York

Percy was staring at the apartment with the blue Christmas lights in front of him standing on the sidewalk when the shadow of a car sped by and he really realized that he was back home, back in Manhattan.

He was somewhat scared, how would his mom react? He didn't tell anyone he was going to be back. He would just rip off the band-aid. Walking up to the door he knocked on the door, waiting patiently for someone to come.

He heard the door click and slowly open. That's when he saw his mom wearing his blue, ugly Christmas sweater.

"Hi, Mom,"

"Percy!" she gushed bringing him into a bone-crushing hug "It's a Christmas Eve miracle." 

His mom held him till he felt something push on his stomach. Pulling away fast "What was that?"

"Oh Percy," his mom softly laughed "That was the baby she kicked, she knows you're back home," she said with her eyes glistening.

"Oh, how can the baby know that?"

"If I know, so does she," Sally Jackson said "Paul got over here we got what we wished for."

"A pizza," he heard come from the living room. Paul walked and saw him "Oh nevermind that this is way better than a pizza,"

"Hey Paul," Percy said sharing a hug with him.

"Come on," his mom said heading off to the kitchen

Percy sat down smelling the godly food he was about to eat.

"How you do get here?" Paul asked "Last we heard you were in London in some magic school,"

"Yeah," Percy said "Winter break started today and they let me come back,"

His mom put down a plate of hot blue cookies right in front of him and he instantly reached for one. And his mom didn't swipe his hand away.

"Where's Annabeth?" he said after chewing his first cookie

"Board of us already," his mom teased "She just left to go to Camp right before you came,"

"Oh, can I go see her?" he asked

"Percy you're 17 you don't need my permission to go," his mom said "But yes you may go,"

"Yes," he stood up but his mom pulled him back down.

"Only after you clean you. No way I'm letting you go looking like that."

"Huh, I look fine,"

"Have you seen your clothes and not to mention your hair It could take hours to fix it all,"

"Mom," Percy whined

"What you can't blame me for wanting to spend time with my baby when he comes back after two weeks,"

"Really it was 3 months for me," Percy said thinking about how that was possible as his mom dragged him to his closet. After what felt like hours of changing clothes his mom let go of him.

"Oh, you look so cute." Sally said "Alright you can go now,"

"Yeah yeah, love you," Percy said stepping out of the cozy apartment into the cold wind. He could walk there or surprise her by vapor traveling right into Camp. Closing his eyes feeling the water in the lake at Camp Half-Blood he opened them and there he was knee deep in the water. He made his way to the sand in a thin layer of snow.

Percy was happy his mom made him wear a sweater cause it was cold and snowing in camp. In the distance he saw the light flickering getting closer it was the bonfire with the campers around it singing Christmas songs. Percy's eyes tunnel visioned on a mess of blonde curly hair. He walked over slowly hoping this would be the best surprise ever.