Chapter 18

David clenched his jaw and he shook his head. "That wasn't our choice and you know it!" He snapped slightly, he couldn't believe that Emma had even said that. He turned to look at Snow and the glare in his eyes quickly disappeared when he heard how stern she was. "You can't possibly be alright with this?" He said before turning to Emma. "The reason I am angry is because I lied, perhaps I'd have acted differently if you'd have told me. You're no daughter of mine" he shook his head and sighed turning to snow. "Let's go then before I kill him," he said and started to walk off the ship still in a slight fit of rage.

Regina looked between the two couples in shock, now she really was glad that Henry hadn't come, and how she was going to explain this to Henry she didn't know. She waited until Prince Charming left the ship and walked towards Emma. "I'm sorry about that..." She said meaning slapping her father. She used her magic and healed the cut on Killian's lip. "You could have told us...me...I thought I was your friend..." She said sadly, it wasn't often she threw that word around. "But...if you do need a place to stay....there's a spare room at mine," she said with a small nod and then also turned to leave the pirate and the savior.

Emma stared at David hearing his words. Though she didn't reply this time, she just stood there watching as her parents walked away before her attention turned to Regina but her eyes softened, just a little at hearing her words, and knew the mayor often didn't use the word friend like that. "I know.." she said and she knew she could have told Regina, that she would have probably understood this and why she didn't want to tell her parents. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you... you are my friend." Emma told Regina. Though the savior could feel herself still tensed. "Thank you.." she said hearing there was a spare room at Regina's if she needed it.

Killian thanked Regina when she healed his lip and he held onto Emma's hand. "Calm down Swan, it's alright, he's going," he said standing behind her slightly and holding onto her tightly. He pressed a kiss to her cheek and slipped his hook into the middle of her clenched-up fist. "If you need to squeeze and let the anger out then do it....are you okay?" He asked softly after a moment, he had gotten heated too and it certainly wasn't the way he had expected this situation to unravel. He had also agreed with everything that Emma had said, he wondered what Snow thought since she hadn't said much, not that she had the chance to between David's temper.

Emma closed her eyes slightly when she felt the pirate's touch and the coldness of his hook between her clenched fists, squeezing his hook until she let go and just sat down on the deck right where she stood, putting her head in her hands with a small groan. "No, I'm not okay." She said. The anger seemed to have left her at least a little and she didn't know how to feel right now.

Killian frowned slightly. "I'm okay Swan, you punch harder than that" he joked lightly trying to cheer her up when he saw her sink to the floor he knelt behind her, pulling her back into his chest, he wanted to wrap his arms around her but felt she needed space. "nothing he said was true...he was angry, because of me...it wasn't anything you did" he pressed a gentle kiss to her head and gently rest a hand on her shoulder. "What can I do, love?" He asked quietly desperately wanting to help.

Emma took a deep breath before she lifted her head, trying to smile a little at his joke before she felt her back against his chest, just letting herself lean back into him a little bit. "He was angry I lied. Maybe I should have told them the truth but I just.. liked having a relationship that was mine and I knew how it could have gone." Emma said. "I just.. didn't think it would have gone this way." She admitted before she turned a little bit, shaking her head. "You didn't want to run off once he punched you. That's enough for me." She whispered before she let her head fall against his chest, she wasn't sure where she would sleep tonight or about when she could go and get her clothes. Or what she would tell Henry later.