Chapter 1

Alexandria Jensen's POV (18 years old)

"Ouch!" I exclaimed softly when one of the jocks shove me to the locker.

Sounds of laughter filled the hallways as I walked through them wearing my big black rimmed glasses, all laughing, mocking, pointing, shoving me, and whispering things -bad and untrue things I presume- about me.

I just ignored them, not giving them the satisfaction of seeing me get hurt and angry -feelings that were caused by them.

They feed on the sadness they gave us -the geeks and nerds of the school, but whatever you do do not show emotions, do not cry, and definitely do not be angry. I mentally tell myself. Forcing myself not to care, when I actually do care.

Already used to the scene that happens almost everyday in my high school life -or lack of -I walked past them all to my class and sit down at my usual seat in front of the classroom hoping and praying to God that I could get through school without any drama today.

One more year Alexandria and you'll be free from high school, from these people. One more year. Everything won't matter once you get a degree and get the hell out of this hell hole. You will go to an Ivy League school and live your happily ever after, just one more year. I chanted in my head.

Ring! Ring! Ring!

As the late bell resounded throughout the hallways of the school, and I woke up from my unplanned slumber on the desk,  getting ready for class -preparing the books, notes, and stationeries that are needed for this class. Which subject is now maths.

The girls behind me whisper something that sounded like, "Attention seeking whore." No doubt they were talking or gossiping about me. But I ignore them. Like I always do.

Those words were untrue anyways.

Words only hurt when you believe them.

Ring! Ring!

As the bell rung once again signaling the start of the first subject this day when the teacher, Mr. Walter walked into the class just in time.

"Good morning students." he greeted boredly at us like he would rather be somewhere -anywhere else than here.

"Good morning Mr. Walter." some of the students which includes me greeted him back just as unenthusiastically.

Mr. Walter started the class by saying, "Open your textbooks, page 201."

With that he began explaining the chapter.