CHAPTER - 14

---𝘼𝙔𝙀𝙎𝙃𝘼 𝙋𝙊𝙑---

This first win on the path of my career boosted my confidence. The spontaneous burst of energy to win every time is taking over me. Just when I was busy thinking of my first win, my eyes laid on the door of my cabin.
A dazzling figure just burst into my office, carrying a stunning bouquet and dressed to the nines in a perfectly. tailored suit.

It was  𝘼𝙮𝙖𝙖𝙣 𝙈𝙖𝙡𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙧𝙖.

I could not take my eyes off him, He was looking ethereal in that light beige color suit which fits him perfectly. His posture is elegant while holding that pretty bouquet of flowers, and their vibrant colors contrast beautifully with the subtle tones of his attire. In that moment, he looks like a figure from a dream, someone too perfect for the reality of the world around them.

If he wasn't my competitor and the person I hate the most, I would have confessed to him right away because ignoring the fact I hate him, he was also the only one I fell for at the first sight. However, everything changed as nothing remains constant.

"Looking handsome.. Right? " He said, breaking my strings of thoughts.

"Yes... No, I mean everyone looks good" I just uttered whatever came to my mind without giving a single thought.

"Are you okay?... What the hell are u even saying? " He asked with a boggled expression.

"I just said what I said. Anyways, Are you here to confirm that you are looking handsome? " I asked with uncertainty.

"Obviously not, as I already know I am."
He replied with a smirk.

"Okay whatever. Then what is your purpose for coming here? " I asked while rolling my eyes.

"To congratulate you for your first win" He said with a big smile on his face and forwarded the bouquet to me.

I could not make any head or tail of it, because why would he be happy after facing his first defeat. I just nodded and took the bouquet without deciphering what was happening. It was just registering in my brain but I could not process it.

"Oh well, Thank you for that." I said.

"Can I sit now? " He asked while raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, sure." I replied.

He took the seat.

"Are you planning to stand for our whole conversation? " He uttered.

"Oh yeah," I took the seat. "So, what do you wanna talk about? " I asked while leaning back to my chair.

"To make a offer." He said.

"Offer? About what? " I questioned.

"Back then, while you were giving your presentation a thought came across my mind. Why don't we collab? Because I can't deny the fact that you are a competent architect. So, let's just collab and we can win over anyone." He said.

I was taken aback by his words, as he just faced a defeat and now he came to me with a offer to collab. I just know that he wants to be that no. 1 architect but alone, he himself said it. But now he just planning to collab. Something was definitely fishy which I couldn't notice. He cannot drop his dream just like that.

"Why do you think I would agree for that and suddenly you wanna collab with your enemy only? Why don't you just tell me the real purpose behind this offer? I asked.

"Why do you think that I will always do something wrong? Trust me, it's for your benefit." He said raising his brows.

"I am sure you know that we should know about our enemies more than our friends. And by now I can certainly say that you are upto something. You cannot think about benefit." I stated.