Chapter 6

*** Warning:  Abusive Content

Tamra pulled into the driveway and turned the car's ignition off. It was ten minutes past four and she thought that that was a good time for her to get dinner started. Karl would leave work at five which would give her enough time before he got home and Rachel was on her way with Zyon. She had a good day. It was exactly what she needed as she got her nails done and got two new outfits that she was extremely fond of. She didn't know where she would wear them but it didn't hurt to have new clothing in the closet.

She was about to exit her car when a text message came through on her phone.

"I need to see you urgently. Love Dad"

Her heart began to race and she called her father immediately.

After just one ring her father answered the phone.

"Dad are you alright?" she asked in a panicked voice.

Before he could answer, he began to cough. It went on for about a minute and then he finally spoke.

" I'm fine sweetheart, I just need to see you," he said. His voice didn't sound like the man she knew. He sounded weak and groggy.

He began to cough again.

" Dad, where is the nurse?" she asked.

Her father handed the nurse the phone.

"I'm right here Mrs. Solomon" she responded.

"What's wrong with him?" Her voice was still in panic mode.

"He's been coughing excessively, I'm guessing it may be the flu but he doesn't want me to call the doctor" she explained.

"It's quite alright I'll come by tomorrow and take him. He may want to be out of the house as well. Thank you Georgia, I'll take care of it".

The nurse handed the phone back to Tamra's dad.

She heard him coughing again.

"Dad, I'll come by tomorrow and take you to see the doctor. I love you okay".

"Love you too sweetheart" her father replied and he hung up.

Tamra sighed as tears filled her eyes. She knew her father's health was deteriorating and there was nothing she could do to stop it. She loved him dearly but she knew she had to prepare herself for anything. Still, she didn't want to face the reality that one day he would be gone.

She stepped out of the car and closed the door. She gathered her bags from the back seat and then set the car's alarm. She opened the door and stepped inside then suddenly she felt a sharp blow to her face as it jolted her and sent her flying to the ground with the shopping bags.

Scared, she looked up as Karl quickly picked her up from off the floor. He shoved her up against the door and slapped her again as he shouted.

" Where the hell have you been!? Do you think I'm a fool!?"

Tamra began to sob.

"What are you talking about?! She yelled through her tears.

He held her by her neck as he squeezed. He pinned her to the door with his knees pressed into her stomach as he used his other hand to retrieve his cell phone shoving the phone in her face and he showed her a picture.

" Who the hell is this? Is he who you were out with all day? He yelled.

By this, Tamra was gasping for air as she couldn't breathe. He released his hand from her neck and then slapped her again. Her face felt as if she had been stung by a million bees.