Chapter 27

Nevaeh's POV
"What's wrong Vaeh?" Ash asks as Amma nods her head taking a bite of her food. We are currently having breakfast at the dining room and this morning's option are baked potatoes and sour cream.

I look down and notice I had barely touched my food, i sigh before putting a smile on my face and replying "oh its nothing, i just don't really like potatoes". They look at eachother with weird expressions before facing me again.

"Vaeh we know you are lying cos we both know how you love potatoes whether baked, fried or even as chips so you can't fool us. Now tell us whats wrong" Ash says like a mom this time which makes me chuckle a bit, she is definietly the mom of the group.

"Ok mom, i'll tell you" i say which makes Amma smile while Ash rolls her eyes with a smile on her lips.
"I realized that i have feelings for Luke Walters" i say looking down at my food.

"Luke Walters as in westwood's playboy and Ashton's best friend?" Amma asks with mild surprise and i nod my head.

"ok but why are you sad? You don't want to have feelings for him?" Ash asks not surprised at all, "you are not surprised?" I ask her but she only shrugs her shoulders, "we made a bet" Amma says looking at anywhere but me.

"No way you guys, so Ash thought i would eventually like him?" i ask dumbfounded "and i was right, but back to discussion now, why do you feel gloomy?" She says, "well, to cut it short, he found out i like him yesterday and told me to get rid of my feelings" I say looking away from them as recalling last night made me feel hurt and embarassed.

"Oh...its okay Vaeh" Ash says as she holds my hand, "no...its not ok, im not even hurt cos of that im hurt cos i dint realise it sooner to get rid of it, i promised myself that it would never happen" i say not knowing when a tear escaped my eye and i quickly wipe it away.

"Good morning again you all, today we will be having a swimming exercise so please round up with your breakfast, change into your appropriate swimwears and report to the beach resort. Only modest swimwears please, thank you."

"Um... Why don't we forget about stupid boys and instead go have some fun swimming?" Amma asks with a smile on her lips and sympathetic look in her eyes.

I was pretty sure she had situations with Ashton too so I felt guilty for burdening her with my problems, but I appreciated how she was trying to cheer me up.

I sniffle a bit before saying, "yeah lets forget about them and have some fun" , Ash nods her head and smiles at me.
*********
Nevaeh's POV
Today is the last day of this camping trip, and I felt a bit connected to this place already I mean it was just two weeks. I decided to come out tonight to start gaze.

I sit on a swing and look up to see how beautifully decorated the night sky was with stars. Stargazing is one of my favourite hobbies it helps to calm me down and collect my thoughts on everything that has happened this past two weeks. The fun, the games, the lessons and even the hurtful memories too.

I liked seeing the stars here but being at home gave me the chance to use my telescope. There was just another thing about stargazing, the star clusters, the constellations, the meteor showers and so on.

"Neva, is that you?" I hear a very familiar voice say as I turn my head to face him. I didn't want to see him anymore till I left this place, for the past week I've been nothing but hurt over and over again seeing him and Mila every where together and doing what not.

It's almost like as if he did all that to purposely hurt me. When I don't say anything he speaks, "can I take the swing beside you?", I don't say anything but he walks towards it and sits anyway.

His presence here suddenly dampened my mood as I look down at my converse kicking at the sand, "I didn't know you liked stargazing" he says with a smile to his voice, that's cos you don't know anything about me,  I thought.

"I used to love stargazing too, it was something my mum and I did almost every time, we'd use the large telescope in the stargazing room my dad made for her, and we would spot the most beautiful constellations, the milky way and even the aurora borealis" he says with a tiny tint of  sadness in his voice.

"How about now, you don't do that with her anymore?" I ask, since he used the term 'used to', did he get separated from her?

"She's... She died" he says and looks at me who was left wide eyed, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked, I should have known, I didn't mean to reopen your wound" I say looking down again.

" It's not your fault Neva, no need to be sorry" he tells me with a smile.

"My dad died when I was 14, he got into an accident" I say not knowing the reason I was opening up to Luke like this, " we decided to drive out of the city that night for stargazing, dad heard there was a mountain top where the city lights won't disturb us, we spent sometime there enjoying the peace and tranquility of it all until dad got a call and said we had to go back home" i pause as i sniffle a bit, "then on the way back we got into an accident, it was a collision with a truck, i was at the back seat so nothing happened to me but dad was bleeding all over" i say as the tears burst out.

Luke quickly gets up and comes to hug me as I continue to cry, he then wipes my tears with his thumb, "it's okay, Neva" he says as I look up at him, he keeps rubbing his thumb on my face and starts to inch closer and closer but I turn my face away from him and quickly get up.

"I have to go" I say, I didn't want to be pranked a second time, he rises up too and says "yeah...uh it's past midnight", while scratching the back of his neck, " Good night, Luke" I say with a small smile as a thanks for comforting me, "You too Neva" he says with THAT grin.

🎶What if we rewrite the stars,
     Say you were made to be mine,
     Nothin' could keep us apart,
     You'd be the one I was meant to find🎶