xxxiii. don't miss

THEY RACED TO EDDIE'S trailer, and apparently just in time. They poked a hole into the gate with the end of a broom, and to their surprise they saw Robin, Steve, Nancy, and Eddie on the other side. 

Dustin laughs. "Hi there!" They wave to their friends. 

"The hell?" Daisy whispered. 

"Hi." They wave back.

"Bada-bada-boom!" Dustin shouted. 

Erica and Dustin tie Eddie's sheets together, while Max and Lucas drag Eddie's mattress out so they could have a safe landing. 

Dustin walked onto the mattress with the tied sheets. "Not quite sure how these physics work. But, uh... Here goes nothing." 

Dustin throws the sheets through the gate, and to their surprise it makes it to the other side. "There we go. And if my theory is correct..."

He lets go of the sheet, and it stays upright. 

"I don't think I paid attention in Physics." Jude muttered. 

"All right, pull on it! See if it holds!" He demands, and when Robin pulls on it, it stays. 

Dustin laughs. "This is the craziest shit I've ever seen in my life. And I've seen some crazy shit." Erica says. 

Dustin high fives her. Robin began climbing onto the sheet. "All right. Let's clear the landing pad." They step back, and Robin comes crashing down, though unharmed. 

"Oh, thank God. That was fun." Dustin helps Robin up, and it was Eddie's turn. 

Eddie had a harsher landing than Robin but was also unharmed. "That... was fun."

Next up was Nancy, but she didn't move from her spot. "Nancy, wake up. Wake up! Nancy!" They heard Steve shout, and they all looked up. 

"Vecna." Max says. 

They race to Eddie's room and rummage through water music he had. Erica comes running into the room. "Steve says you need to hurry!"

"Yeah? No shit!" Dustin shouts. 

"We're trying! We can't find anything."

"Seriously? What is all this shit?" Daisy holds up his other CDs.

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie runs to them. 

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles? Music! We need music!" Robin panics. 

"This is music!" Eddie grabs one of the CDs from Daisy's hand. 

"We need something!" Jude shouts. Erica runs back to the gate, but quickly returns.