Fantasy Becomes Reality

As Nicole grew up she got used to the painful routine. Wake up, go to school, eat breakfast, go to morning classes, eat lunch, go to afternoon classes, go home, do homework, get bullied by Isaiah (Step Brother), get beaten by either mom or stepdad, clean up, eat dinner, do chores, go to bed, rinse and repeat. It was torture but she was used to it at this point.

As she grew up, Nicole started to change. She became more aggressive and violent hiding her real emotion and never talked about her emotions. The only person that was there for Nicole was her big sister Audrey. They were so close in fact that whenever Nicole was beaten by her mom or stepdad, Audrey was there to heal her.

When Nicole turned 19 Audrey got her a gaming PC and the game Portal 2 and Nicole loved it. She played it day and night and even wrote fanfictions and came up with head cannons for the world of Portal. But whenever she played it, she would fall in love with Wheatley every time and some nights wished that GLaDOS and Wheatley were real so they could save her from her home.

One day though, Nicole was playing Portal 2 after being beaten by Scarlett and Mathew (Stepdad) and as she did she felt as if she was being watched by the game itself. She felt like when she first encountered Wheatley in the game it was as if he could see her beaten up face because as she played it, Wheatley seemed more worried about her than normal and when she saw GLaDOS for the first time in the game it was as if GLaDOS was concerned for her heath and as she finished the game she felt like she was being comforted by the characters falling asleep at her desk.

When Nicole woke up she was shocked to see that she wasn't in her room anymore. In fact, she wasn't in her house at all. After a bit she heard the oh so familiar voice of Wheatley and got up answering the door. "Ha! I knew there was something alive in here!" The voice said before looking at her beaten up face. "Hey, you look more beaten up than I last remember. Are you okay?" Nicole felt her heart race wondering if what she was witnessing was a dream.

But after a bit Wheatley brought her out of her headspace when she heard his panicked voice trying to get her attention. "Hey! Answer me!" Wheatley's panicked voice said as Nicole finally answered him. "Are you- Are you real?" Nicole saw the core looking at her with a somewhat confused expression. "Of course I'm real! What kind of silly question is that?" Wheatley said before Nicole pinched her arm hard trying to see if she was dreaming or not.

When she didn't wake up she felt her heart race as she realized something. She wasn't dreaming. "Oh my God...." Nicole said as a smile came onto her face. "Please tell me this isn't a dream. Am I- Am I really in the Portal 2 universe? Am I finally free?" As Nicole said this aloud Wheatley looked surprised. "What are you- You know what? We can figure this out later. For now, let's get out of here." Wheatley said disappearing into the ceiling. "Oh! You might want to hang on to something. Just a word of advice." The core said as Nicole grabbed onto the wall ducking into the closet taking cover.

After a bit Wheatley stopped and came out from the ceiling looking for her. "Where did you go?" Wheatley asked as Nicole came out from her hiding place. "I'm over here Wheatley." Nicole said trying to regain her balance as Wheatley turned to face her. "Oh, good, good. Now, some rest subjects come out of suspension with moderate to severe brain damage. But, because you're talking to me that means you don't have any signs of brain damage or minor brain damage." Wheatley said as Nicole felt her head ace.

She knew that her Mom and Stepdad would beat her frequently so she probably had some kind of brain damage. "I probably have some kind of brain damage from the beatings I got from Mom and Stepdad...." Nicole mumbled unaware that Wheatley could hear her. "Okay then, well what's your name?" Wheatley asked making Nicole blush a bit. "I'm Nicole Williams. I'm 19." Nicole said making Wheatley nod. "Okay then Nicole! That's a lovely name actually." Wheatley said making Nicole blush.

She never thought that Wheatley out of all people would think her name was lovely but she would take any kind of positive affection she got from this universe. "Thank you." Nicole said with a smile. "We should keep going. Keep holding on and we'll be at our destination shortly." Wheatley said once again disappearing into the ceiling and Nicole went back into the closet taking cover.

After a bit Wheatley made it to the docking station and Nicole turned away as Wheatley hit it screaming a bit. "I hear screaming down there! Are you okay Nicole?!" Wheatley shouted down making Nicole gulp. "I-I'm fine! I-I'm just a bit shaken up!" Nicole answered shaken up. "Alright then! Just hang on!" Wheatley yelled as he broke the wall of the docking station and after it was completely broken Wheatley came back down and saw Nicole in the closet shaken up. "Nicole!" Wheatley said getting Nicole's attention. "Oh! Um. Yeah?" Nicole said flinching a bit. "Are you okay?" Wheatley asked and it was clear that he was generally worried about Nicole. "I-I'm fine. I-I'm just recovering from that bumpy ride." Nicole said getting up and leaving her spot.

As Nicole walked over to Wheatley he could see more clearly how beaten up she was as she coughed limping over to him. "Now, you don't seem to be fit to run the tests. But, we really don't have a choice so..." Wheatley said as Nicole looked out at the ruined remains of Aperture. "You go do the tests and I'll meet you up ahead!" Wheatley said as Nicole slowly made her way to the testing area. But before Wheatley could leave he heard Nicole cry of pain and rushed over to her. "Are you okay?! I heard your cries!" Wheatley said looking down to see Nicole on the ground in tears. "Oww! Fuck!" Nicole said in pain. "My God damn leg is broken!" Nicole said as the concerned core looked down panicking about what to do. After a bit of thinking Nicole saw him morph into an android human.

The android was about 6,2 in height, has messy blonde hair and shining blue eyes similar to his one blue eye his core form has with black squared glasses and wearing some sort of grey jumpsuit with a bit blue glow coming from his chest. He was also wearing long fall boots like Nicole and after a bit removed himself from his management rail being caught by Nicole knocking them both over. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! My leg!" Nicole said pulled the pant leg of her jumpsuit up to see that her leg was a dark shade of purple. "Oh shit. My leg is really broken..." Nicole said as Wheatley pulled out medical supplies from a secret department.

After healing her, he put an extra brace that allowed Nicole to stand without putting too much pressure on her leg. "What the-" Nicole said looking at Wheatley. "Since when could you do all of this?" Nicole asked completely dumbfounded about what just happened. "It's in my programming luv. I work with humans so I have a built in first aid protocol in case something like this happens." Wheatley said getting up. "Wow, this is something I never knew about you." Nicole said as she saw the portal open. "Are you coming with me?" Nicole asked curiously as Wheatley smiled. "I'm required to go with you so I can monitor you and make sure you don't get any more injuries." Wheatley said with a smile walking over to the opened portal. "After you." Wheatley said as Nicole hopped through and the two went on testing.