Chapter 2🤍

The lovebirds were cuddled up on the couch watching a movie after they finally arrived home from the doctors. Trent was sat as normal with his arms around Ella while she had both her legs over his and stroked his cheek gently. He was the most beautiful man in the world. His face card was so insane, Ella felt like she had won the lottery with him. The way he was so gentle with her, caring and loving. Not to mention he was good in bed, hence the twins. It amazed her how much they hated each other at one point and they were all loved up the next. She remembered the first time they met on that holiday. Honestly, she would have absolutely lost it if someone told her what the future had in store for them. Ella was so grateful for those moments because even though they weren't their proudest moments, they brought them closer to each other. Jude was right after all.

"Why do you keep staring at me?" Trent looked down at her enchanting eyes, speaking lovingly.

"Can I not be in love?" She rolled her eyes sarcastically.

"You very much can be."

"So shush." She replied causing her boyfriend to chuckle.
"Baby?"

"Yes beautiful?" He pulled her closer to him.

"Do you ever feel like we rushed it?"

"What do you mean?" Trent was confused as to where that came from.

"Like...obviously we've known each other for so long, since we were teenagers, but we only started proper dating like almost a year ago and now we're having two kids together and most of the years before, we hated each other." Ella played with her fingers a bit.

"There's no one else I'd rather have babies with. We've known each other for years and years. I trust you and we're in love and dating. It's not like we're strangers or that we only met a bit before dating. Obviously we didn't expect the kids but I'm grateful for you and them. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're my everything. Having known you for so long is my clarity that we're doing the right thing and going down the path that God set for us. It would be different if we had only met a year ago but that's not the case. Yes it was a bit early but we're bonded together for life and I'll never let you go. You're my baby forever." He confirmed. He loved Ella a lot and wanted her to feel comfortable at all times but he understood.

"Thanks babe." She kissed his cheek.

"Do you feel like we're rushing it?" Trent looked down at Ella again.

"I guess-" She stopped herself.
"As you said, we didn't expect the kids and I'll love them more than anything, I already do. It's just, it feels like we just started dating. I know we've been together for almost a year and I love you so much but I don't know. I'm-"

"It's okay. I understand. I don't want you to feel like I'm moving too quickly Ella. We're gonna be parents and those things test relationships. I wanna be at the same pace as you." Trent explained.

"It's not that you're moving quickly. It's just... overwhelming sometimes. Like one minute we hate each other, the next we're dating and all of a sudden I'm 8 months pregnant with twins."

"Yeah, I get that." Even though he understood what she was saying and how it may seem from her point of you, Trent still felt a bit bad and guilty. Maybe it was his fault. Everything has happened so fast that they barely had time to develop their relationship before Ella got pregnant. He was silent in his own thoughts for a few seconds before she spoke.

"But I'm happy Trent, don't worry." She could see Trent was overthinking, even if he didn't want her to know. She didn't want him to think she was doubting their relationship because she loved him.

"Well, if you ever feel too overwhelmed or feel like you need your space, please tell me. Your feelings matter and I want to be the best boyfriend I can for you." Trent spoke, still feeling a bit bad but not wanting to show it.