Chapter 17

Chapter 17.

Warning: Mild mature content.

Desire

Ang i-ingay nila.

Pinapangunahan ni Ugo na nag play ng song sa T.V at kumakanta na akala mo ay ilang beses ng iniwan ng babae. Pumipiyok pa. Or, don't tell me he's really broken?

Bumuntong hininga ako at sumandal. Yael's grip tightened on my legs as he leaned in, clutching a glass in his hands.

"What's the matter?" his voice was low and husky, tinged with concern.

I stared at him, he looked genuinely scared. I shook my head and turned to Ugo. Bumaling din siya doon at natawa.

"Let me know if you want to sleep."

Binasa ko ang pang ibabang labi. "Why?"

"Pauuwiin ko na sila at matutulog na tayo. Give my hand a squeeze if you want to," seryosong sinabi niya.

I nodded silently. Sidney eyed me with envy while Flare and Elridge talking to each other. I glanced at Prescott, whose arm was casually draped over Sidney's shoulder. He removed it and took out his cellphone, smiling as he did so.

"Wait, sagutin ko lang 'to," paalam niya kay Yael bago naglakad paalis. I glanced at Sidney, her eyes filled with pain as he watched him.

"Cr lang ako," her lips quivered as she stood up and walked away.

I watched her walk towards the garden. Cr, my ass. Hindi niya nga alam kung nasaan ang banyo. Tuloy-tuloy lang siya sa paglakad.

I noticed Elridge's worried gaze directed at her, ready to stand up, but I swiftly moved before him. Lumingon tuloy silang lahat sa akin habang si Yael ay hinawakan ako sa kamay.

"Where are you going? Matutulog na tayo?" tanong niya, nagtataka.

Umiling ako at tinuro ang direksyon kung saan naglakad si Sidney. "Turo ko lang kung saan banyo."

Pansin ko pa ang tipid na ngiti sa akin ni Elridge nang naglakad ako paalis. I shouldn't have meddled in someone else's business. I should have just let her be. We're not even friends. So why am I approaching her now?

Naabutan ko siyang umiiyak. She was even covering her mouth to stifle any sound. I sighed and sat down beside her. Nagulat siya at natigil sa pag hikbi.

"Why are you—" she bit her lip, her voice trembling and her lips quivering while tears streamed down her cheeks.

Bumuga ulit ako ng hangin. I should have just left her alone, but for some reason, I couldn't. Maybe it's because I empathize as a fellow woman. I can't stand to see another woman cry over a guy who isn't even worth her tears.

"Don't mind me. I'm just getting some fresh air."

She cried louder. Parang binuhos niya ang lahat ng hinanakit na iniipon niya. Hindi ko siya tinignan. Pinapakinggan ko lang ang bawat iyak niya.

She cried as if she had lost someone dear to her. Was she truly that hurt? How could she put herself through such agony?

Inalo ko siya nang mukhang hindi na siya makahinga. I gently rubbed her back. "Hey, breathe."

She bit her lip and looked at me with swollen eyes, her hair a tangled mess around her face. Her makeup was smudged, and she was sweating profusely. Damn, she looked like a mess. Was crying over that playboy really worth it? I want to kick his balls.

Pinainom ko siya ng tubig. Inayos niya naman ang buhok niya. Wala akong dalang panyo kaya 'yung jacket ko na lang ang binigay ko. Binalik niya rin naman sa akin pagkatapos.