Chapter 20

Chapter 20.

Visit

"Huh? Si Scott and Olivia ba 'yon?"

Sabay kaming napatingin kay Flare. Olivia? Ayon ba ang pangalan ng ex ni Prescott? Hindi naman nakakapagtaka na alam ni Flare kung sino 'yon dahil matagal na silang mag kakakilala ni Elridge at Prescott. Yael is her childhood friend, so it's not surprising that she might be friends with them too.

Binalingan ko si Sidney na nakayuko ngayon. It's understandable, given that her intuition was right.

Sabay kaming napalingon kay Flare ng bigla siyang tumayo. "Sco—"

We both stopped her from calling him and forced her to sit down. Nakuha namin ang atensyon niya kaya parehas naming niyuko si Flare sa lamesa! This is ridiculous! Why am I getting nervous too?!

"Ah! Bakit–"

"Shut up, Flare," giit ko.

Sumilip ako kung nakatingin pa sila. Nag o-order na sila ngayon. I released Flare and leaned back in the chair, feeling relieved. Binaba ko pa ang suot kong cap.

"Ano ba 'yon?" Flare said, a hint of confusion in her voice as she combed her hair with her fingers.

Napahinto kami at napalingon kay Sidney dahil sa pag hikbi niya. Flare quickly moved closer and gently caressed her back.

"Hala, bakit?"

Pinipilit niyang mag salita pero hindi niya magawa dahil umiiyak lang siya. My forehead furrowed as I glanced at Flare, realizing she didn't seem surprised to see Prescott with another girl, despite knowing Sidney is his girlfriend. Something's not right. . .

"Flare? Did you know that he's still talking to his ex?"

She blinked. "He? Who?"

Her eyes widened slowly as she glanced back to see Prescott. They're both at the table now, a bit farther away from us, but visible. We were facing the girl's back, and we could see him smiling at her. Medyo tago si Sidney dahil natatakpan ni Flare.

"What? His ex?! Totoo ba 'yon, Sid?" tanong niya kay Sidney na humihikbi pa rin.

Mas lalo tuloy kumunot ang noo ko. She already saw them, why is she still asking?

"Flare, are you blind or what? You saw them come in with their arms linked."

Mukha siyang litong-lito. Nilingon niya ulit ang dalawa. Pag kami nakita talaga.

"Don't look ba—"

"Pero si Olivia 'yon?" nagtatakang sabi niya.

"Yeah? His ex?" I asked, my irritation showing.

She tilted her head and chuckled. "No, Olivia, his cousin."

My mouth fell open. His cousin? Then why was Sidney crying? Have I been completely mistaken this whole time? Medyo nakakainis tuloy dahil mukha akong napahiya. This is why I should've not meddle in the first place.

"Bakit ka ba umiiyak? Mali ka naman pala," inis kong sambit.

Flare handed her a glass of water. Uminom siya bago nag salita. "That's the reaspn why I'm crying. . . because I was wrong. Mali ako ng hinala. You don't know how relieved I am. . . thank God I was mistaken," she said, tears streaming down her face.

Yeah. I don't really know.

Whatever.

"So, I'm right then, it's you, Sid," a man's playful voice caught our attention.