Chapter 31 - Doubt Always Finds It's Ways

Upon arriving at the cabin rooms, everyone set down their bags and settled into the bed they'd chosen. There was a terrace that connected the boys' and girls' cabins—which you found quite odd but tried not to think about it too much.

Ragdoll and the rest of The Pussycats called everyone down to begin preparing dinner as a class, which you didn't exactly want to be doing right after you'd been searching for this place for over eight hours with the rest of your class, but you knew this was all apart of the process.

You walked downstairs and out of the cabin with the rest of the girls, heading down to the main area where mostly everyone else was. There were tables set out with a variety of cooking supplies and tools as well as ingredients for dinner.

You weren't exactly the most amazing cook, but you could manage and whip up something decent regardless.

You walked over to one of the stations that had your name on it, noticing a knife and a bowl of vegetables sitting between where you and one of your other classmates stood. The name tag next to yours was Sully's. You smiled slightly, glad to be with one of your closer friends.

You noticed him walking around, trying to find his name tag. Once he got close enough, you called out to him, "Your name tags right here," you told him as he approached the booth you two were working at. He smiled dully, "Hey,"

You grabbed a vegetable as soon as he got situated, "Looks like we're on cutting duty," you huffed. Sully nodded, grabbing the knife in front of him, "I sort of wanted to be working with the oven and stuff so it wouldn't be that much work, but I guess this is what we got stuck with." he spoke blandly.

You began chopping up a bell pepper after noticing everyone else getting to work. You saw Ochako walk around with a variety of greens in a basket she was carrying, passing by Bakugo who was in front of you and Sully, "Woah, Bakugo—you're really good with that knife!" she commented, mouth and eyes wide. "That's.. really unexpected," she added.

Bakugo's arms seemed to move at lightning speed, chopping up a vegetable, murdering the chopping board along with the vegetable. He looked way too focused, "What do you mean unexpected?! How can you be so damn bad at using a knife?!" he shouted, growling under his breath while continuing to cut the vegetable.

Ochako huffed at his antics, used to it by now. She looked more fascinated than she was scared, though.

You giggled at that interaction, glancing over at Sully while methodically chopping the bell pepper, "I'm surprised he knows how to cook but does not know how to do his own laundry," you muttered.

Sully raised an eyebrow, "He doesn't know how to do laundry?"

You nodded, "Yeahhh.. I walked in on him beating up the laundry machine because it 'wouldn't work' when really, he just doesn't know how to wash clothes. Poor guy was holding a bottle of bleach!" you put emphasis on the last part.

Sully let out a dry chuckle, grabbing a piece of bok choy from the basket to begin cutting. "Who would've thought," he commented.

A few seconds later, Jude walked by, holding a bowl to gather the chopped-up vegetables. He had an irritated look plastered across his face as he approached the stand where Bakugo and Ochako were.

Once Bakugo noticed Jude in front of him, holding the basket with an annoyed expression, a scowl appeared on his face. Ochako awkwardly tossed her cut-up vegetables into the bowl Jude held after noticing the two having a 'glare-off'.

"The hell are you lookin' at?!" Bakugo questioned the blonde in front of him. Jude steadily kept his irritated expression. When Bakugo knew Jude wasn't going to react or respond to his question, he slowly and pettily put his perfectly diced vegetables in the bowl.