SHARPSHOOTER

August 1920.

Chicago.

"Shh, my sweet boy."

The baby wailed in the morning of August 9th, 1920. It's baby blue eyes with the pale skin of his mother's yet he was in a terrible mood, it had been nearly nine hours since he had last been fed and he was terribly hungry, his mother had come rushing into the nursery of their one bedroomed apartment, she had sacrificed her bed for her little baby boy. When she finally got into the room, awaking from her slumber, his eyes were sore from all the crying and his mouth was barely making any noise.

The woman scooped him up into her arms from his crib, and sat him down at the breakfast table, she gave him the baby cereal that she had picked up from the store a few mornings ago and began to feed the little boy. He had calmed the crying and his eyes were getting a little less puffy.

Ezra Parker.

"Ezra, you have finally stopped your crying, haven't you my sweet boy?" The mother whisked around her kitchen, as she fixed herself up some breakfast, her son sat at the kitchen table, watching his mother. She turned back to him with her big blue eyes. "Yes, you have. yes, you have."

"Okay mommy has to go to work but one of mommy's friends, Gloria has been ever so kind to offer to babysit you." The woman beams at her little boy, she picks him up out of the highchair and falls that little boy into her arms, kissing his forehead as he chuckles childishly. "I love you, my sweet boy."

"If he could talk, he'd tell you he loves you too." A voice comes from the front door as Gloria Carmine enters the house, for once, her hair is lacking her wig and she is obviously in casual clothing. A white button up and a pair of grey trousers.

"He would, wouldn't he?" The other woman tittered, holding the baby boy in her arms.

"You are an excellent mother, Val." Gloria placed her fingers on Valentina's face, Valentina felt an electric shock shudder through her body. "Don't let anyone tell you a single thing different."

"Thank you, Gloria."

"You are welcome, honey." Gloria shined at her before fussing at Ezra, stewing over him as he smiled at the babysitter. "Besides, me and Ezra are going to have fun today."