FATHER, FATHER.

"Whoa

"Whoa."

I sit my chair back as it's approximately midnight, I check the time, I have been sitting here for hours yet Belle has had that many cups of brunette coffee and milky tea that it looks like she is about to fountain out something else, but I'm far too awe-struck and fascinated to ask her anything else. The twenties naturally sounded too gorgeous.

I check my watch as Belle stands up, rubbing her head and then standing up. I smile at her. "I think I'm going to head out. It's nearly midnight."

"I think that's wise." Belle nods to me, in agreement. She opens the door for me to leave. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"What happened to Val?"

"Shh, that'll all be revealed."

...

"How are you in so late?"

Amara criticized me unemotionally, she was resting in the living room with a glass of wine in her hand, her makeup was marginally incrusted on her face as the TV statically hummed behind her, a blanket thrown over her waist and the smell of dinner in the air. I was plodding in with my heels nearly falling off of my feet.

"I just am." I shrugged my shoulders, nearly falling over my marble kitchen and then I rolled my eyes. "Belle kept talking and talking...honestly, I was worried she'd never shut up."

"Robert asked about you, but I told him you'd been at work for what is this now. Sixteen hours?" Amara checked her phone and I raised both of my eyebrows as the mascara run down my cheeks in my overtiredness.

"Yep. I'm going to bed." I smirked and opened the door to my bedroom, flopping down onto my bed grumpily.

"Nighty-night."

...

Tuesday, 11th of March.

I fell asleep above my sheets, the soft linen rubbing into my back

I fell asleep above my sheets, the soft linen rubbing into my back. I have six missed calls off of Marshall, who was desperately trying to catch up on what I was doing, but I was far too tired to call him back. I slip into the shower, feeling the shampoo rinse onto my hair and I brush my teeth, getting the mascara flakes off of my face and placing a fresh coat of makeup onto my face.