FINE LINE

"Laurie hates me."

We had been back for three days, on the first morning, after we had caught ourselves off the train, Bex didn't speak a word to either me or Nik, instead, she swallowed on an iced tea and lay her head back and napped the entire way back to Chicago. It was supposed to be two days on that train, but I changed the clock around so it was only an hour to us, we just faked asleep for most of it, and it was faultless.

Rebekah didn't talk to me or Nik the second that she got home, she treaded heavily her loud high heels up to the grand staircase, walked into her bedroom and bolt locked the door. Nik shrugged his shoulders off callously and went back to being an irritating, annoying cunt. But I couldn't live like that.

After three days of me trying to knock Bex's door down, crushing my fists onto her door, she finally opened up the door, her mascara blotted once more and she was already crying her entire eyes out. I hurled my arms around her and she sobbed in my arms.

"Oh sweet, he does not hate you." I rubbed her back as she screamed into pillow.

"Yuh-huh." Rebekah looked back at me with her puffy eyes. "He wouldn't even look at me that morning in Vegas."

"I don't think it was that." I shook my head but Rebekah wasn't really listening, in its place, listening otherwise to her brain.

Rebekah placed her head back into the pillow and kicked her feet irritably. "Am I just that unlovable?"

"No! don't say things like that!" I snipped to Rebekah, who rolled onto her back and looked up at me.

"I think you took all the love in the womb." Rebekah criticized, looking up at the ceiling and shaking her head. "I mean it hardly left any for the rest of us."

"I did not." I folded my arms.

"How do you do it?"

"How do I do what, exactly?" I raised an eyebrow, bewildered on what that meant.

"Get everyone to fall in love with you."

"I hardly think--" I placed my hand out but Rebekah cut me off, she looked me in the eyes.