Chapter 1

Settling boundaries

-

"Plate boundaries are the lines separating the various tectonic plates that form the crust of the Earth."

"These boundaries are important because they mark the areas where the Earth's tectonic plates move relative to one another." our teacher who is also our adviser said continuing to discuss our topic

Although I'm not very good at a this subject, I have no choice but to listen in class or risk receiving another criticism from my mother because of my grades

"There are three main types of plate boundaries: convergent, divergent, and transform. At convergent boundaries, two plates are moving towards each other, causing compression and the formation of mountains or volcanic activity. Just like you towards your crush"

With our teacher's last sentence, my classmates started making noise and taunting each other, possibly because of their crushes.

He shush them to stop which my classmates surprisingly obeyed he smiled before speaking "Since everyone sounds excited on our current topic i'll pair everyone with someone i think i haven't seen interact and you, with your partners will have a project to create the three plate boundaries in 3D."

Everyone whined because of the task but our teacher wasn't even bothered and continue what he wants to say "When you're finish with the project everyone will individually write their own experience with their assigned partners and i will read each of them."

"I'm tired of hearing complains that my own class are competing with each other instead of helping those who struggle" He said with a calm tone when he obviously sound mad, we stayed silent as we listen while some of my classmates are not looking at him maybe because they're guilty

He sighed before speaking again "Now, who ever i ever pair with someone, I don't want you complaining and asking to switch with someone or i'll fail you in my subject. It's about time to stop all this alliance and hate."

Our teacher then started calling out names whoever he pick to be partners for the project, everyone were silent maybe because they didn't like who they were pair with.

After 10 minutes past my name got called causing me to stand up from my chair "Shin, you'll be paired with Ms. Hwang"

My jaw literally dropped when I heard her surname get mention by our teacher

"Got lucky huh" my bestfriend, Winter teased beside me, I glanced at her and rolled my eyes as I seat back on my chair.

"I'll give all of you a week to finish this project, and I don't want any complains from your partners or both will fail, this project consist fifty percent of your grades."

With that, he quickly pick up all his stuff and walk out of the room.

I sigh and flop my head in the table, I got paired with my goddamn ex girlfriend.

"Ryu, let's go to the canteen and celebrate" Winter cheered as she try to pull me with her

"What are we suppose to celebrate?" I asked

I bought myself a cheese burger with fries and a cola while she did the same, "You and Yeji are having a comeback duh"

"I rather not" I replied as I take a bite out of my burger

"Why not, Yeji is a whole package, I honestly still have no idea why the two of you broken up when you guys were also good friends"

I stopped for a moment remembering how she treated me to make myself cut her out of my life, a three years relationship wasted because she kept ghosting me.