Chapter 6

[6 months ago]

Ryujin's POV

"Hey, it's late, are you still awake?"

I messaged Yeji because she was still online even though it was already past midnight.

Her active status then disappeared. I knew she turned it off, but I told myself it was just a coincidence and that she was just resting.

"Good night babe, rest well."

-

When I woke up, I immediately opened my phone to check my messages.

I scrolled through all the messages until I found her profile. She still hadn't replied to me.

I messaged her again and got up to get ready for school.

I dressed in my usual attire: our uniform obviously.

When I arrived at the classroom, there were only a few of us inside, so I decided to visit the canteen first, they told me she was there hanging out with some of her friends.

I saw her sitting outside, talking to her friends.

Minju noticed me and called me over, so I walked over to join them.

She didn't even bother to look at me and kept her attention on her friends.

Minju  saw me sigh and came over, "Come with me to the canteen, Ryu."

As we walked down the hallway, she stopped, and I did the same.

"She still hasn't talked to you?" she asked.

I nodded and smiled. She gave me a side hug.

"It's okay. Do you want to cry?" she joked but sounded a bit serious.

"Idiot, why would I cry just because my girlfriend is ignoring me?" I replied.

"You've been like this for three months. How can you stand it? Maybe you should talk to her," she suggested, but I quickly refused.

"You know I'm trying, right? I'm trying every possible way to bring it up with her, but she's dodging the subject," I answered.

"What if she's entertaining someone else? I know Yeji isn't the type to just flirt with anyone, but the chances are never zero, right?"

Honestly, it wouldn't be impossible. Yeji and I have been so distant these past few months, and the only things I know for sure about her are old information.

I don't even know what's her favorite food lately, I also don't have any idea if she still like to dance, sing, write or read. It's like I disappeared in her life.

Minju sighed and said, "Well, whatever happens, I'm here for you, okay?"

I nodded, feeling a bit comforted by her words. We continued our way to the canteen and grabbed some breakfast.