Ch 21: Sweet N' Sour

Madison's POV...

Me and MK were delivering some noodles to a costomer and a scooter zoomed passed us, I look up and see Speedy Panda. We turn around and see four more Speedy Panda delivery guys, "Oh, boy." I hear MK say before the delivery guys start beating us up.

(Later)

"Oh, I've had it up to here with those Speedy Panda delivery brick heads! They've been sabotaging us all week!" I lay my head on the table as I hold the ice pack to my face, "Those punks with their flash frozen, microwave junk! Convenience can never replace a traditional home-cooked family recipe." Pigsy said and I look at him, "Yeah, but, they do it quicker than us."I say and Pigsy glares at me, "I'll shut up." I say before laying my head on the table again, "Maybe you could afford to pick the pace?" MK said.

"Pick up the pace"? You two are the delivery drivers, you pick up the pace! Every noodle from Pigsy's noodle shop is handcrafted from scratch with love, care! It's what our customers have come to expect!" I playfully roll my eyes, "Don't you worry about me, Pigsy. I'm a loyal customer." I snicker, "More like a loyal freeloader." Pigsy said with a deadpanned look, making Tang gasp. "I'm telling you, Pigsy. If something doesn't change, we're gonna be run out of business." I put my head up from the desk when MK stands on the table, "You three don't get it. I poured my heart into this place. From the pots, to the utensils, even my grandmother's antique windows-"

A brick flys through the windows breaking them. Pigsy grabs the note that was left and Tang reads it, "Attention, Pigsy's Noodles! Prepare for your worst nightmare! We challenge you to 'Food Wars' To determine which restaurant truly regions supreme. Signed, Speedy Panda." I look at the note, "So...Someone gonna tell me what the donk, "Food Wars" is?" MK asked.

"Food Wars! The ultimate arena for chefs to duke it out! Where the victors are hailed supreme above all others! Speedy Panda! I accept your challenge!" Pigsy said. "Pigsy is really getting pumped up, huh?" MK said to me, and I nod, "Let's crush Speedy Panda!" I yell.

3rd Person's POV...

At Food Wars Arena

"Welcome one and all to Food Wars! Today, two teams will compete in three rounds in food combat in order to be crowned supreme restaurant champion! Introducing first is Pigsy's Noodle shop, Pigsy and his assistants MK and Madison!" The MC announced as Pigsy, MK and Madison were shown, "And their opponents, Speedy Panda Convenience Mart and its owners...these guys!" The MC announced revealing the Gold and Silver demons Jin and Yin.

"Remember us Monkie Kid? Demon Kid?" Jin asked, "We're your worst nightmare, Jin and Yin! The Gold and Silver demons!" The two announced, "I'm sorry, who?" MK asked, "I don't care." Madison said, "I don't even know you guys! What do you got against my restaurant?!" Pigsy asked

Then the two demons started to explain their plan on shutting down Pigsy's shop, if the shop goes out of business, then MK and Madison are out of a job, if they're out of a job then they'll starve. Which gives them the opportunity to defeat them once and for all. Of course, Pigsy didn't like the idea of his shop closing down, so he's gonna win the competition to keep his shop opened.

"It is now time for round one! The competitors will have to gather all the ingredients they need and race from the food wars ultimate pantry to their respective kitchens at the center of the courtyard. In three...two...one..." Then the competition has begun. Pigsy started gathering all the ingredients he needs for his noodles, once he got them all, he tossed them all to MK and Madison but MK fell to the ground when he was unable to catch the ingredients. Madison caught them with ease.

While the Gold and Silver demons gave their driver a microwaved meal and took off. When MK and Madison managed to pick up all the ingredients, MK drove off to catch up and they started bumping into each other. When MK and Madison thought they were gonna win the first round, they were trampled by other drivers of Speedy Panda, making team Speedy Panda win the first round.

"In round 2, competitors will put their culinary prowess to the test in a cookoff! With the winner being chosen by a panel of furiously selected judges!" The MC said

Pigsy was making the noodles with MK and Madison helping, Pigsy was also working on the broth as well. MK set out three bowls for the noodles to be in and now they're waiting for the broth to be finished, "We gotta move, Pigsy!" Madison yelled.

"Yes. I told you Maddie, good food takes time!" Pigsy tastes the broth, "Just need to add one more ingredient..." Then Jin accidentally dropped a bottle into the broth, "Oops!" "Clumsy us!" The two said, cackling, "Say the word and they're gone." Madison said, taking her sword out only for MK to stop her. "That was actually what was missing." Pigsy said as he added the broth to noodles. He hands the bowls to MK and Madison and the gong was heard, "And that's the timer! Both competitors must now present their culinary creations to our panel of judges. Introducing our first judge. Princess Iron Fan!"

The wind revealed Princess Iron Fan, "You've come to tussle with the champ?" MK said proudly, "Who would wanna be here?" Madison said, "Oh please. Like I have energy to waste on you, Noodle Boy. I'm here to settle a debt and that's all. I knew I shouldn't have made that blood oath." She said to herself.

"Judge Number Two. It's none other than the Monkey King!" The MC announced, "Monkey King!" MK yelled, "I, Monkey King, fully endorse this product or sports event." It turns out to be a cardboard cutout of Monkey King with his voice, "And Judge Number Three, and apparently a fan favorite, this guy!" The third and final judge was none other than Tang, "Thanks for having me. Great to be here!" He said to the audience.

"You're the man, Tang! The Tang Man!" MK yelled but Pigsy looked nervous, "Uh...Pigsy, something wrong?" Madison realized what was going on, "He's worried that because of the way he treats Tang, that he'll vote against him." She explained, "Oh." MK said, "Would you shush?" Pigsy said to them .

"First up is Speedy Panda with what looks like an assortment of mushy dim sum filled with.." "Mystery Meat!" Jin said, "With a side of deep fried spring rolls topped with whatever sauce was in this packet. It's edible...enough?" Yin said.

"I'll take your word for it." PIF said, playing with the dim sum, Tang on the other hand ate one and immediately vomited. The Monkey King cutout didn't do anything but say, "Thank you for your interest in the Monkey King and the Monkey King branded items."

"The judges aren't giving anything away. Now onto Pigsy's Noodles with what looks like..." "Family recipe Xinjiang pulled noodle soup! Qing Man Yong!" Pigsy said as Tang starts to eat a single noodle, PIF looks at the piece of food in her chopsticks and slowly bites it. She is mesmerized by it but stops and resume her usual personality, "There's no way I'm voting for your restaurant. My vote's for Speedy Panda." She announced.

Tang finished his bowl of noodles, "Well, well, well. I've been waiting a long time to say this to you, Pigsy! My vote goes to...Pigsy's Noodles! Of course, it does! His food is a work of genius!" Tang said. "That's one vote for Speedy Panda and one vote for Pigsy's food! It all comes down to Judge Number Three." The MC announced as all eyes were on the Monkey King Cutout and as it looked at both plates, it's head fell into the bowl of noodles.

Everyone was confused by this, "He endorsed Pigsy's! He endorsed it!" MK yelled, "Winner of Round Two! Pigsy's Noodles!"

"And now the final competition, mascot combat!" The MC announced. When Jin and Yin summoned a panda mech, Pigsy looked like he was ready to give up, but MK and Madison gave him the pep talk which cheered Pigsy up.

Then MK tossed himself, Madison and Pigsy into the air and landed the staff where the van is, and changed into a pig mech. There was supposed to be a fight, but a female demon said that Yin and Jin don't have enough in their budget, which means they can't pay their drivers. So, they ended up getting beat up by their former drivers, making Pigsy's Noodles the winner of Food Wars.

Later...

"Order up." Madison said as MK put a bowl of noodles in front of Pigsy's, "We don't know if we got the broth right." MK said, "It's all right, kids, you got plenty of time to learn. Hey guys..thanks for having my back, back there." Pigsy said, "You know it!" "Always!" "No problem!" They all say. "Believe in yourself! Even a smidge makes all the difference." The Monkey King Cutout said, "He...he kinda said the thing!" MK points out causing all of them to chuckle.

Pigsy looks at the board above and smiles at the photos there.

(A/N: Hey everyone sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm going to try and post more Monkie and Demon Kid chapters since Season 5 is already coming out in English soon. Have a good day/night and remember to always smile 😊!)