Chapter 34

Son.

Mifune greeted me with a tight hug on my knees as he lifted his eyes in ecstasy. My lips separated while looking at my son's adorable face. I quickly squatted and pulled him up from the floor while my eyes were shining full of adoration and tenderness. I saw the wide smile on his mouth faded as our eyes met.

"Honey, did I said to just wait me at home? Why did you come here? Did you miss mom so much, huh?" I give him a fast kiss on his forehead while carrying him in my arms.

I can feel his weight on my hands. He grow up so fast. He's so heavy. Time flies so fast, in the past he was so thin and now I couldn't almost carry him into my arms because he became heavy.

"M-Mommy? A-Anak mo?" His voice shuttered.

His voice sound in a deep misery. My face contorted I forget that he's still here. Instead of answering me, Mifune stared intently at the back of me—looking at Michael. I sigh and turned around to met his eyes.

"Yes." I said shortly and coldly.

My jaw dropped when I saw how stunned and lost he is. The color in his face left and my lips pulled aparts when I saw how the tears flashed from his eyes. He chewed on his bottom lip totally showing the sorrows and incomparable pain in his expression. I looked away. My breathing hitched. My chest tightened.

"A-Ah, I see. He's handsome..." He whispered before I completely come out from the room leaving him inside with a heavy heart.

My body almost convulsed on the ground after coming out if just Taki didn't held me supporting me from falling. Why it is so unfair?! Why?! I couldn't fathom to see him hurting and in a vulnerable state but he can! I was hurting too if he's in pain! Why! My chest were clutching too!

"Mommy? Why are you crying? Are you sad? Did that man inside hurt you?"

I gasped didn't realize the tears streaming down on my cheeks. My eyes lightened up and quickly shook my head but the anger was evident on his face while drying my tears. My lips quivered, his deep eyes looked upset.

"N-No, that's not it, Mifune. This tears is just a sign of happiness because of you. Mommy is beyond happy of having you..."My eyes began to watered again.

"Mommy is not sad, hmm. A tears of joy that's what they said. We should go home, baby." I cupped his face and slightly kiss his head before I buried it upon my chest tightly while my fingers were trembling.

The next day, my son and I both woke up early since it's his birthday. He turned 6 years old, now. He grow up mature and good boy. Even he's not convinced to me yesterday but he'd just nodded at me like he understood everything. He didn't ask me anything afterwards.

"Happy birthday, my adorable baby!" I greeted him happily as I kiss his cheek softly.

He smiled at me before he kissed me back. I slowly fix his messy hair from laying down on the bed while smiling after remembering someone. His hair were always messy also whenever he was reading something inside the library or even in the hallway. Like he has no time to put some gel on it.

My smile vanish. Why I am thinking of him?! I shrugged my shoulders. I shouldn't think of him anymore. What we had in the past should forgotten. I should forget everything about him. And what I mean when I said everything—I should forgot his whole existence in my life.

"Thank you, Mommy!" My son answered cheerfully.

I gaped at my son who is looking at me intently. His eyes were glinting like a stars in the midnight making my life brightened and lightened despite the darkness embedded into my soul. He is indeed a star. I don't know how my life is, if wasn't for him. I am glad that I found him. I found my son.