Chapter 24

Chapter 24

DOM

"You've got something really special here, Bray," Stella was saying, leaning over the kitchen counter where I was busy chopping vegetables into small pieces- vegetables that had been getting wrinkly at the bottom of the fridge.

Beside Stella was her DSLR camera that went with her everywhere, capturing pinnacle moments on her extensive travels that she documented and published to her social media accounts. I had seen her snapping away today and yesterday during and after the yoga retreat, as well as during the short hike this morning. It was part of Stella's gig as a freelance travel writer- her sole source of income came from her readership and selling a place to would-be tourists through captivating pictures and writings.

"I mean, look at some of these photos," Stella went on, flicking through the digital screen of her camera. "A lot of people would be interested when they see this."

I watched as Bray walked into the kitchen and set the empty wine glass she had been nursing on the counter close to where I was working. Her brows raised slightly as she studied her friend. "When?"

Stella glanced up at her. "Duh. I'm going to post some of these to my account and write a bit about the retreat you've got going on here," she explained with an easy smile. Then it faltered slightly and her gaze flickered nervously to the camera. "Uh... that is unless you don't want me to."

"You should let Stella post for you," I told Bray, slicing a sorry-looking carrot into small bits. "It'll be good for you. You'd get more clients in, at least."

Bray gave me a curious look that made every part of me tingle with awareness. Wearing little else other than a pair of loose-fitting silken tiny shorts and a top that hugged her torso so tightly every delectable inch of her was on display... It made me want to push her up against the nearest surface and rip everything off her. I avoided looking at her because if I did, my boner would poke somebody's eye out.

"That would actually be amazing, Stels," Bray said at length when her attention returned to the other woman. She had her hair in a neat ponytail, her hair curling with an artless grace at the nape of her neck with each subtle movement she made. "I'd love it if the retreats could generate enough income to tide me over and more. That would be a dream, really."

I envisioned Bray in her element out here in the mountains, surrounded by her animals and all this nature, and I wanted that for her, too. Except I wanted it to be her own place and her own retreat or incentive. Currently, the partnership with the older couple across the valley was all good and well, but I truly thought Bray had the ability to pull it off on her own.

She only needed to believe that she could, too.

"Consider it done," Stella said happily, switching off her camera and placing it in the bag she had slung over the back of a chair. "You'll have a glowing review by the time our holiday is over. Do you have any business links? Website, digital business cards, social media..."

A flutter of panic traversed across Bray's face. It amused me how adverse to technology she was. Luckily, she had me to sort it out for her. "I'll set up a few things and send you the links," I told Stels. "Just give me until the end of the week to sort out some of the graphics, and it'll be done."

"Aw, aren't you a lamb," Stella cooed. She turned to Bray with a beaming grin and jabbed a thumb at me. "He's a sweetheart for us girls. Dom sorted out my website and graphics, too. They are really great, by the way. I'd never have been able to do it myself."

"Should have charged you more," I drawled. Dumping the carrots into a large bowl, I began shredding some wilted lettuce next.

"You would never." Stella waved me off with a flick of her wrist. Killian came up behind her and slipped his arms around her waist, pulling her against him so that he could drop kisses to her neck.