Prologue

6 Months Ago

The dare had begun. Handsome billionaire heir, Zhang Leo, stood in the privately hired Golden Luxury Oriental Express train traveling across the Silk Road route from Beijing and soon it would stop at Pingyao. But he had no intention of sightseeing instead he had a mission to fulfil.

Leo straightened his black-rimmed designer glasses followed by his tie and three-piece dark suit. At last, he pinned his photo identification tag on his blazer's front pocket which read: Dr Liu Yize, Golden Luxury Oriental Physician. Then he ran his fingers over his dark well-groomed hair, grabbed his doctor's essential suitcase, and stepped out of his cabin. He confidently walked on the narrow pathway leading to the main guest's presidential cabin, observing his surroundings simultaneously.

Abruptly, two towering bodyguards clad in black and white suits stopped him in his tracks, their hands extended forward as if signaling a traffic halt. Their piercing gazes quickly swept over his ID tag, while Leo caught sight of the probable hidden weapons beneath their suits. His blood raced faster through his veins as he acknowledged the risks of this challenge. Nevertheless, with a thrill bubbling within him, he chose to proceed.

"Your name," asked the taller guard in a business-like manner.

Leo daringly held his ID tag for him to see, but the strict guard repeated his question in a serious tone. "Dr Liu Yize," responded Leo. He cleared his throat and added, "There was an emergency phone call requesting me to examine the VVIP guest, I mean...er... Lady Guo Yu Ming."

The guards looked at him suspiciously, then looked at each other, silently communicating. After nodding to each other, one of them approached Leo and commanded, "Hand in your suitcase for security check." Leo obliged slowly passing the suitcase to one guard. The dark-haired guard clicked open the suitcase on the floor, briefly browsed through the diagnostic medical equipment but his fingers paused at a miniature toy car. Picking it up, he gave a toothy mocking grin to his mate. He put the toy in the suitcase clicking it shut before getting up. Then the guard held the suitcase towards Leo, which he took gladly straightening his glasses a bit.

"Hand in your mobile phone," demanded another guard.

Anticipating this moment, Leo smiled and retrieved his recently bought secondhand cellphone from his pocket. He casually handed it to the guard, who then opened the cabin door, permitting him entry.

The grandeur of this coach was exceptional, designed with luxury in mind. Leo noticed the windows were covered in red curtains with intricately designed golden flower patterns. Good for his purpose. Then he caught sight of the woman for whom he had boarded the train: Guo Yu Ming, the youngest daughter of the billionaire Guo family, who resided in America. She seated calmly on a light flower-patterned fabric sofa reading a magazine.

Leo bowed, "Good day Lady Guo. I'm Dr Liu Yize at your service."

She gently put The Heirs magazine next to glass of some fruit juice on the wooden coffee table. Leo winced inwards as his photo on the front cover of the latest edition of the magazine stared back at him. Only difference now was the black rimmed glasses and the nerd style hair. "Ni hao Doctor Liu, call me Yu Ming please."

"Call me Yize then." Leo had read about Yu Ming's outgoing nature; she was infamous for being a flirt. He ran a quick scan of the living room type cabin before opening his suitcase on the coffee table. "I was summoned because you have a headache Yu Ming, will it be alright if I run a little check?"

"Sure, my temples hurt, some painkillers should be fine." She groaned and slumped her head on the headrest of the couch. Of course, it would hurt mused Leo for he was the one who had bribed the kitchen staff to sprinkle a small amount of powdered drugs that would cause headaches.