A Night Out

A fine dining experience in a renowned restaurant was the plan. Leo was glad that Peng Xi had made all the necessary arrangements for dinner tonight. Getting a reservation at the classy Tang Xi's Wine and Dine restaurant took months for people, but it wasn't so difficult for a billionaire like Leo. However, it came at a massive cost of 5K, nothing more than a penny for Leo. He gave a satisfied smile and glanced at his diamond, black, custom-made Apple iPhone; everything was happening on time. Excited, Leo turned to the sound of footsteps. Suddenly, his smiling lips transformed into a tightly shut clam in dismay. Holy shit!

 How could the girl dress in old, ripped jeans and a T-shirt for dinner? And the most sought-after celebrity restaurant at that. She definitely lacked a proper sense of dressing.

  "I am all ready to go," Min said brightly.

  "Yes," nodded Leo with a forced smile. She might get offended and even decline the dinner request if he asked her to change. It was his fault for not asking her to dress up for dinner. He didn't like being rude, so he managed his ultra-fake, polite tone. "Shall we go?" He didn't wait for her reply but instead walked briskly towards the mansion's wide wooden framed glass door.

  As soon as Leo got the Ferrari in motion, he punched the car's computer screen for Peng Xi's phone number. A ring later, Peng Xi answered, "How can I help Mr. Zhang?"

Frowning, Leo ordered, "Have the yacht ready for a private dinner cruise. I'll see you at the ramp in forty minutes." Leo didn't wait for Peng Xi's reply as he disconnected from the line. For the first time in his life, Leo was thankful for Shanghai's evening traffic, which would give his staff ample time to prepare for this unexpected change in dinner plan. He then turned his attention to Min and added, "I just realized that you might not have seen the nightlife of Shanghai, and a river cruise seems like a perfect choice?"

   *  *  *

  Liar!

 The man could change plans in a flick of a second. Had he shown a little frustration, she would have rejoiced. Instead, her plan to annoy him with her poor choice of clothes for dinner had flopped. All she got was a sweep of his gaze on her attire and a little thinning of his lips, which vanished instantly, to her dismay. Was Leo so proficient in taking women out for dinner dates? Min wondered, staring at the road ahead. Then, she remembered Steph's advice on using her naivety as her biggest weapon. Ah well, the playboy Leo Zhang was in for a few more surprises tonight. Min smiled, amused, and quickly turned her face away from Leo in case he saw her.

 The summer evening breeze hit Min's face, and she took a deep breath of the damp smell of Shanghai's famous Huangpu River. Leo put his hand behind her back and gently guided her through the ramp to his yacht. Just a yacht hell, no! It was a shiny mega yacht, possibly with swimming pools, a private Jacuzzi, and whatever a designer could think of installing. Min had no idea what these mega toys cost, but surely, they cost nothing less than a couple hundred million dollars. Only now did she realize what a billionaire rich meant.

 The luxurious yacht picked up speed in no time, and they were cruising. Min noted the lavish interior with mahogany paneling, built-in amenities, and the soft carpet brushing her sandal-clad feet. A man in a suit walked towards them through what looked like a lounge area. Leo introduced him as Peng Xi, his assistant. He bowed at Min and shook her hands, "Welcome aboard, Lady Xing." He followed them towards the main deck area. A hidden nod between Peng Xi and Leo didn't go amiss from Min's eyes. Now, what were they up to, thought Min?

  The main deck floor was polished wood with a pristine white leather sofa, matching coffee table, and armchairs. The view of Shanghai from the deck was exceptional. Lights emitting from the skyscrapers were like numerous shiny pearls in the river. "Breathtaking indeed," murmured Min, unable to take her eyes from the famous glittering landmarks ahead of her. She sensed rather than see Leo's eyes on her, and she turned just in time to find him staring at her. The shameless person didn't even have the manners to hide his audacity. "Didn't anyone tell the Zhang heir that staring is rude?" challenged Min.