Meera Rawat

Meera's pov 

I strained the hot masala tea in cups for everyone. While my maami(aunt) was done with making delicious aaloo Paratha for everyone. We both kept breakfast on the dinning table.

"Maa, give my lunch I am leaving" poorvi said while pinning her duppatta.

"Atleast have some breakfast" I said.

"I am getting late, mujhe school Wale nikaal denge job se." (The school will throw me out of job) She whined. She is always late for work. This girl.

"Haa toh time pe uthna chahiye na nalayak ladki, pata nahi kese teacher ban gayi" maami said angrily with chimpta in her hand. Poorvi gulped in fear and run out of house.
(You should wake up on time na stupid girl, Don't know how you became a teacher).

I smiled looking at their banter.

After having breakfast with maama maami. I left home for my office. I work in editing department of a publishing company. Mama told me about a boy named vinay. He might call me to meet. He had asked me last month about if am ready for marriage and i couldn't say no as i don't want to burden them. They have already did alot for me.

I was eight years old when my parents died in a tragic accident. After that my father's family was not ready to keep me with them, they were sending to me orphanage but that time my maama came as my saviour. He and maami  leagally became my guardian and cherished me with all the love. And now I know why mother used to cherish my maama so much. He is a gem of a person.

Other than them, akansha di their elder daughter, she is married and settled in Denmark with her husband and their cute son. We Miss her a lot. She daily facetime us. 

She send some amount of money for us every month. Poorvi is their younger daughter, one year younger to me. So she is  like best friend to me. She had been with me always. She is bubbly and an extrovert.

******

At night, after having dinner I was with poorvi in our shared room. 

"Aur pata h fir.......HAA...HAAAAA" poorvi was laughing more than speaking. She was mimicking one of her senior teacher. She kept her hands on stomach and laid down on ground laughing. Seeing her I was also not able to control my laughter. She is literally a chatter box.

(And you know then....haaaa.haaaaa)

"Bas aur nahi, bas tu chup hoja" I said while holding my stomach and breathing heavily after this laughing session.

(Just shut up, no more jokes)

*****

I checked my phone and it had an missed video call from unknown number. I checked it on Truecaller it was vinay Mehta. The boy about whom mama told me. Why would he video call me. I messaged him asking who it is.

And he replied and said sorry that video call was a mistake. He didn't said anything further. He should ask me for a meeting that's why he was given with my number. Is he not interested in this marriage thing?

It's okay, I should ask him for meeting and I did. He replied positively and we decided to meet tomorrow after office hours. Let's see where it goes. 

"Oh toh date par Jaya Jaa Raha hein?" Poorvi teased me with a smirk.

(Oh going on date).

"It's not a date just meeting' I replied not react at her stupid teasing but I was shy. First time meeting a boy, I was feeling butterflies in my stomach. Is it normal or I am just being stupid I don't even met him once or seen him. 

How was this introduction chapter.

What are your thoughts on Meera?

Aren't they both somehow similar

Her age is 26.

Waiting for your votes and comments.