Chapter 3

Vinay

"Are you stupid or what?" I scolded Anuj. We are outside the police station. I got a call from police that he is arrested for a minor accident. His bike hit a scooty of a lady. And she fell, he also fell. I already  told Meera that we can't meet today as I will be busy here. "she took the wrong turn Bhai, you know me. I was driving in normal speed. How will I hit her scooty out of nowhere"

"Are you sure? You can tell me truth if you are wrong. One should accept his/her mistakes" I know he never do something intentionally. This accident might be a mistake but he would be afraid that papa would scold him.
"Bhai at least you trust me! She is just playing women card"

We were called inside, the police man stood up and came closer to us, he placed his stick on Anuj's chin to lift his face. He was scared he is only twenty two years old and getting arrested, he was nervous and scared. I can in front removing that stick from his chin. " I think, you should behave like an officer and he is not proven guilty for now, so you can't treat him like that" I said coming in between them. I can't tolerate someone treating my family like this. NEVER ! . I controlled my anger. Violence and shouting is not any solution as the person in front of us can use his power being an govt officer against  us.

"You should first teach some lessons to your younger brother, he was eve teaseing that lady that's why accident happened"

"What !" I looked at Anuj in shock. He was also shocked like me and shook his head in no. He was on verge of crying. Can he do something like this, no never. I know him he cannot but what if he did, I would never forgive him or even myself that I couldn't teach him tha basic morals.

"No she is lying, I don't even know her. She ... She just came suddenly" I held his hand mine. "Be honest Anuj, have you done something disgusting like this?"
"No bhaiya,i swear I didn't at least you trust me. I would never stoop so low!"
"I trust you"

I turned to the officer "does she have any proof or eye witness, How can you trust her?"

"She is crying because of that and why would she lie that someone eve teased her?"

"So if he cries, would you trust him too?"

He scoffed and Said "why would he cry?"

"That's not my answer officer"

That girl came to us and started shouting at us "really you are still supporting your brother how can you? Don't you have a heart?"

"If he would really have done something like this, I would be the first one to abandon him. So you do teach me this lesson about this"

The chaos were going in when a girl came in running "Anuj" she came and hugged him "are you okay baby?" What baby and him. I need to wash my eyes with Dettol after seeing this. "What are you doing here, I told you to go home" I heard his voice and he was trying not meet my eyes.

"I was scared you were not picking up you phone so I came here"

*
*

Today I got to know my younger brother hs a girlfriend. Eighth wonder of this world. When the accident happened she was sitting behind him.  And recording themselves. Gen z. But it helped as it worked as a proof that the other girl was lying. But now I have to inform Meera, she must be thinking I ditched her. I had to talk to her.

[.         ]

Author's pov

"You just texted ok, are you kidding me" poorvi yelled at Meera who was sitting sadly. Looking at the night sky, sharing  her sorrow.  She just told her , vinay cancelled their date.
" You didn't asked him why?" She shook her head in no.

"Shakal se toh accha insaan laga tha" ( I assumed him as a decent guy)

" Mujhe bhi! I am feeling so hummilated" ( me too) Meera said. Ping "he message me poorvi, he said can we talk" she said with a smile. But poorvi being poorvi snatched phone from her hands. "Don't ! Don't reply leave him on seen, he should taste his own medecine"

"Yes you are right, poorvi . I should not melt when he just messaged."

Ring Ring Ring

"He is calling, take it and talk with attitude okay" poorvi dictated her and gave her phone back. But Meera gave her phone back fastly and said "no I will be nervous I can't talk" at last poorvi picked up the call

... " Hello"

Poorvi - "what hello, I don't want to talk to you"

Vinay kept his phone low covering speaker with his hand "she is angry" he informed ekansh who was sitting on vinay's bed. He came to meet him.  He took phone from his hand and signalled him " I will talk". Poorvi is unaware of the fact that the person on other side is ekansh not vinay.

Ekansh - "can you pl...."

Poorvi - "don't give me any stupid reason for cancelling meeting, now I don't want to talk to you. You concieted, misogynist, Imbecile person"  she yelled
And she cuts the call

Vinay looked at him suspiciously "what happened?" While ekansh looked at him with wide eyes "bhai kya bhyankar ladki thi, english mein gaali bhi di usne tujhe, pata nahi kya bola par gaali hi thi shayad!"
(What a dangerous girl she is, she cursed you in english, I didn't understand but she cursed)

Ping
He got a message from Meera " sorry it was my sister"

He showed that message to ekansh "bhagwan bacheye uski behen se, RIP to her boyfriend " (may God save everyone from her sister) ekansh replied

"Can we meet this Saturday, there was a family emergency today!" He messaged "ok but where should we meet"

"Mandir chale after that we can go somewhere else" ( should we go temple)

Meera was also happy with his choice and she replied positively.

*

*

*
Bye