Chapter 4

26th June 1995,

I left America on the 25th of June and arrived in Leh by late afternoon on the 26th. After getting off the plane, I took a cab from the airport to the 'HA Royal' Hotel. I didn't want to stay there because it belonged to Harshad, who had caused the misunderstanding between Manik and me, leading to our breakup. However, I had no choice.

When I arrived at the hotel, I paid the driver and went inside. The hotel was extravagant. As I approached the reception desk, I noticed Cabir speaking with another man.

"Hey, Cabir!" I exclaimed, waving my hands excitedly. He turned towards me and hugged me tightly. "Nandani, we have been waiting for you," he said softly, kissing my forehead. Cabir had always treated me like a sister since we were kids.

"Hey, Nandani, how have you been?" the man beside Cabir greeted me with a friendly smile. He was tall and muscular, with tattoos around his neck.

"Nandani, I bet you did not recognise him. He's Aryaman, Harshad's older brother," Cabir stated.

"Oh, I see," I replied with a slight smile, noticing Aryaman's intense gaze on me. He seemed quite a jerk, much like his brother.

"Cabir, where's Navya and everyone?" I asked eagerly, wanting to catch up with the rest of our group.

"Room 206," Cabir replied.

Thanking him, I took my bag and started walking towards the room. Just then, Aryaman grabbed my hand.

I looked at him glaringly, and he left my hand instantly.

"Sorry, I just wanted to let you know that the porters will handle your luggage," he said, looking at me with lustful eyes.

"Great, thank you. Let us go," Cabir said, leading me to room 206.

As I walked in, I noticed the girls chatting and laughing, while the boys were in deep conversation.

When Navya saw me at the door, she dashed over, wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug that nearly took my breath away.

"How are you doing?" she asked eagerly, her eyes twinkling with excitement.

"I am doing fine; how about everyone?" I smiled as I hugged her back.

"We're all doing well," a man chimed in, approaching me.

"Um, do I know you?" I asked.

He stepped closer and exclaimed, "Darling, it is me, your Harshad!"

"Oh, hi," I replied, mustering a smile that didn't quite reach my eyes.

"Come on, sweetheart, don't be so formal," Harshad said, drawing me in for a hug.

He planted a quick kiss on my cheek, and I recoiled inward, feeling a rush of discomfort. Anger boiled within me, and I snapped, "Don't you dare touch me again!"

The room fell silent, all eyes turning towards us with concern etched on their faces.

"Oh, are you still holding onto old grudges?" Harshad remarked casually, his finger lightly tracing a line on my face. I swatted his hand away forcefully and turned on my heel, storming out of the hotel room.

Navya, Cabir, and Abhimanyu reacted swiftly, rushing after me as I stormed down the corridor.

"Nandani, please stop, " Navya called me out.

"I've had enough. I'm going back to the US," I declared indignantly.

"Nandani, are you serious? You came all the way to Leh to meet Manik, and now you're leaving without even seeing him?" Navya exclaimed, her disbelief palpable.