Identity

Well We Already Know Real Life Is Some @#!$.

Hi I'm Tiffany Logan. I'm seventeen years old I play guitar I sing write stories and I'm a dancer. I was disappointed with myself but sickeningly pleased when I got my first text message and Friend Request. "Hi, OMG you're so pretty. I'm Skylar nice to meet you" "Hi thank you -blushes- you're really pretty too".....And so it went

I finished writing my About Me and saved it then went on to friending random people. Of course they were beautiful people, people who probably wouldn't give me the once over in the real world. This included boys who could not even bear to make jokes about dating or doing it with me even for the laugh.

Frowning I thought about what would happen if the girl who's profile I was taking pictures from ever found my profile....the profile with her pictures. These were her moments her friends, family and h-her beauty. I was stealing these things from her just to escape the life I lived. I was escaping from me, escaping from the person I was so I could be someone else. So that I could be beautiful even if it was a lie.

I rolled over in my bed staring at my laptop screen, I knew it was wrong...I knew these people would never know the real me. I knew the adoration I got for being beautiful for being amazing, gorgeous and good at 'everything' was artifice... Sure I was the "funny, easy, down-to-earth and nice" person behind the pictures but that didn't matter.

Without the face without the gorgeous girl exterior these people would never even talk to me. If the real me, the person they thought was "funny, gorgeous etc." were to try to talk to them in public on a regular day I would be looked at like I was the teenage nanny McPhee.

These people didn't care about who I was they cared about what I looked like and all the other superficial bull. I frowned at my computer screen again. I sighed, saying goodnight to the 220+ 'friends' I had just added and I rolled over in bed, pulled my covers up and laughed and cried myself to sleep.

I woke up to annoying ass alarm and unplugged it from the wall I got in the shower did my makeup scrunched up my hair and looked at my reflection. I looked at my reflection in the cracked mirror that got a crack this one time I when I got in a fight with my half-sister.

I pulled my hoodie up and walked past my breakfast and out the door towards my car climbing in and rolling down the window. I don't know if it's the fact that I had to wake up early to go to hell but today I woke up and felt like and I just wasn't feeling like going to school. I pulled out the driveway and started driving down the street then I went to my favorite cafe ignoring the whispers and murmuring and I picked up my Caramel Frappe.

As I parked in the parking at the gates of hell I sat with my car parked in its spot that was painted with egg yoke. I drank the rest of my frappe to prepare for my last moment of piece and solitude for the next 6 hours. After sighing heavily I open the door and closed my car and locked it I turned around and covered my face with my hand the stinging causing me to tear up. The slime crawled off my face and fell on the floor I won't cry. I won't let them see me cry. Not Now! You've been through worse. I had been through worse; I looked up at where my welcome had come from.

I noticed the boys high-fiving and laughing their heads off one of them had the audacity to point at me and the guy who I'm guessing was the one who threw the egg at my face. Yes I did say egg the Mf-ers egged my face. He waved at me I flipped him the bird and his friends started laughing he however was not. He slapped his friend tilting his head in my direction.

I opened my trunk as they were walking towards me maybe they were trying to intimidate me and it worked. I tossed my stuff in there and slammed the trunk as they came closer to me and my car and I took off running. The thrower yelled." Ho Ho Ho so you're going to run now are you. Let's see how far you get?"