Mr.Knight

I sat there watching her I could see the bruises on her waist and wrists I but the inside of my cheek clenching my fist. H-How long had she been suffering like this? I wondered to myself. I could hear her soft breath tickling the air around me. She cringed every time I walked near her while she slept and her brow furrowed together whenever I got close to her. I wanted to touch her, but why? Why did I only find her now? Why'd that bastard have to touch what was mine? ....

She stirred and I saw her warm brown eyes open, her mouth pursing together from sleep and she sat up as straight as an arrow. She was afraid; I was wearing a Venetian masquerade mask that covered half my face. It was black and stopped right below my eyes and at the horizon of my cheek bones. She stared at me she relaxed as she looked into my eyes I remained silent. The mask was black and white and she could only see the wild green abysses of emerald that were my eyes.

She reached up to remove my mask her hand caressing my cheek, brushing against the rugged bristling hair on my face that hadn't been shaved. I reached up clasping her hands in mine. "I can't let you do that..." my voice was hoarse. I was so hard not to let her touch me. She stopped looking at our hands and looked at my face as I looked down. "Why?" That was all she asked she didn't ask my name or why she was here or why I wore the mask she only wanted to know why. Her voice reminded me of a soft spring breeze refreshing but soft and loftily laying on the air.

"I-I don't want you to see my face. I don't want you to remember me so that the next time I meet you, you won't be afraid of me. Her brow furrowed "But you saved me." "I don't want you to become my friend out of obligation." "Oh". That was all she said. She looked sorrowful and I felt like a fist was squeezing my heart. There was no horde of questions and no judgment; being with her would be so simple. "I'm sorry." "S-so what do I call you?" I closed my eyes the mask was starting to annoy me and I wanted to tell her. I wanted her to say my name. Then tell her she's ours your wasting time! Mark her now! I wanted to let her know so badly it was killing me.

"You don't..." My voice was coarse with effort and she looked at me her warm doe eyes wide her small lip in a pout that she must have naturally because she did not look like the pouting type. "B-but-." I cut her off. "You should go." She blinked and then looked around for the first time. It's as if she hadn't noticed the condo and the fact that she was in my bed her head spilling around her face. She had a roll-out-of-bed look about her and I wished that I had been in it with her.

"Get up. I am going to blindfold you. I know it's weird and a lot to ask of you when you don't know me but I don't want you to find your way here again. I will call you a cab; I reached into my pocket pulled out a handkerchief. I reached up and cover her eyes with it and walked her to the elevator and then the cab pulled up. "Mr.-!" "Shush" I chided the cab driver and frowned the cabby nodded "Take her home make sure she doesn't take the blindfold off till you about 15 minutes away." I brushed my hand against her cheek and she kissed my hand my mouth dropped and I pulled my arm away like I had be burned. She blushed and I groaned in frustration. "You shouldn't have done that mate..."I murmured against her ear and she shivered.

Then I pulled away and let the cab driver move away taking her farther and farther away from me. I pulled the mask off and threw in to the ground in frustration and then ran my hands through my hair in frustration. My wolf wanted her but I couldn't have her . Not yet. I just had to wait a while and then she would never be able to escape my embrace...