3| Fuck me

"Do you think I can make it?"

Dahlia looks up from her textbook. She sees the ball of paper in my hand, turning around to see where my eyes are.

"Emma, don't."

"Oh, c'mon it's just paper.. it's not like I'm throwing an energy blast at her."

"Bonnie already hates you. Do you want her to hate you more?"

"I could give less of a fuck if she does." I say. "She got a better score on our English quiz."

"By one point."

"Still better."

I set down the paper. I look at the book Dahlia is reading. It's covered in magic.

"Still not using your powers?"

"I don't know how to control them.. so no."

Dahlia is something special. Most fairies are not born in our world, it's rare but it happens. They're usually off world.

She doesn't know how to use them. I've tried teaching her with the books I have from Wanda. It's almost like she doesn't want to.

Fairy magic is different than witch magic. They don't use spells or incantations. Their magic comes from the Earth. Which means their emotions are what really control their powers.

"Lia.."

"I don't want to hear it."

Being best friends for so long, I don't take anything to heart. I know the magic scares her. Even if she doesn't say it out loud.

"I.. I need to go do something."

"Okay.."

She grabs her things and walks away. I finish my assignment when I feel someone sit in the spot she was. I don't need to look up to know who it is.

"Can I help with you something?"

"I need your help."

I look up at Bonnie.

"And why the fuck would I help you?"

She grabs my arm, siphoning from me. I yank my hand away.

"I knew it."

"Do that again and I'll make your death look like an accident."

"I need to know who my biological mother is."

One thing I have always felt for her is that fact that she doesn't even know her mother. Absolutely nothing.

"Why would I help you?"

"You need me."

I laugh. She's pathetic. Like really fucking pathetic.

"I don't need anybody."

I grab my shit and start walking away. She follows me all the way to my car.

"Emma, please!"

"We're not friends. I don't need to help you with shit."

"I don't know how to control this and I.. I'm scared."

I look at her. She's filled with desperation.

"I know you're a cold hearted bitch but you can actually help me."

"And how do you know that?"

"You're the Scarlet Witch."

My eyes go wide.

"Get in my car.. now!"

We both get into my car. I look at her.

"Don't ever say that out loud."