2| Get out..

"Now!"

I jump down the hole, landing on my feet. I look around the room. It looks clear to me, no signs of life. I look up, giving a thumbs up. Kate, Cassie and Peter jump down.

I keep my mask on. Reed can't know I'm on this mission. He'd probably kill me. Actually, he will kill me. He's long had a strained relationship with the Avengers but given Wanda is one, I've been close with them.

"It looks clear."

We walk through the smoke. I stop, looking around. I hold my hand up so they all stop.

"What's wrong?"

"Something isn't right.."

"I thought you said it was clear."

"It was."

I look around more. I twist my hands.

"Emma.."

"Get down!"

I deflect the grenade that comes at me only for it to set off right by us. I fly to the wall. I can barely see anything now that there's debris in the way. I can sense at least four people.

"They're Black Widows.."

I create an energy dagger, throwing it at one of them. Their heartbeat stops. I throw a portal, helping Cassie through it. Peter finds me and I shake my head.

"This was a trap." I say. "Go."

"Not without you."

"You find it and I'll keep them occupied."

I close the portal after Kate walks through it. I ignore Morgan in my ear talking. I look at Peter and nod. I hold my hands by my sides, tilting my hands so they're facing up.

I absorb all the smoke so everything is clear. I recognize one of the woman. Yelena Belova. She knows me. Her sister died for me. She should know me.

"It's you."

"I don't want to kill you."

She laughs.

"You? Puny little teenager."

I quickly throw daggers at the other two. Their bodies fall to the ground. I hold my head up.

"No powers."

"What's the point of having powers if I can't use them?"

I hold my hand up, levitating her body in the air. I slowly start taking the air out of her lungs. I watch her struggle to breathe.

"I've got it, Emma."

I push my hand out, throwing her body to the furthest wall.

"I didn't kill you because of Natasha."

I throw a portal just as Peter slings through it. I walk through it and am met with Reed. He looks beyond furious. I remove my mask. I already know I'm about to get an ear full.

He grabs my arm, pulling me away from the others. He slams the door shut of Bruce's office. I cross my arms, not wanting to hear any of it.

"Emma Lorraine Martin!" He snaps. "Do you understand what you just did?"

"What do you want me to do?" I ask. "Just sit here?"

"Is this because of Wanda?"

Wanda disappeared two months ago. I've heard nothing from her. She usually texts me back within a few hours. Hundreds of unanswered texts later I don't know what to think. Maybe she just needs time but it's hard going on without talking to her.