9| Dude, your dad is Thor

"What?"

Bonnie and I look at Caitlin. Her apartments clean now. She got new furniture and it looks like a whole new place.

"I thought you hated her?"

"Times change." I say. "Don't change the subject."

She knows exactly what I mean. She got arrested by Sentinel Services and thinks everything is fine when it's not.

She won't give in. We never lie to each other. And knowing she's keeping this from me hurts more than I led on.

"Emma.."

"Don't lie."

"I'm not lying."

"I'm literally a witch." I snap. "I know when you're lying."

She walks past us and goes into the kitchen. Bonnie's kinda been my person through this. I haven't even told Dahlia about any of it.

It's hard to get ahold of her. She's off being sneaking with some boy. I know it's a boy even if she won't tell me.

"How am I supposed to help you if you won't tell me."

"I'm the adult, Emma.. I don't need help."

"Clearly you do!"

Caitlin's always acted like a protector of us. It makes sense given she's the oldest. But that doesn't mean I can't protect her too.

"The apartment isn't bugged. I checked every inch and put a spell around it. Nobody can hear us."

She takes in a deep breath. Her face has completely changed. It's almost relief.

"I took an ancient book."

"Like a spell book?" Bonnie asks. "Why?"

"You." She says. "Both of you.. it has what you're looking for."

I never told Caitlin about why I've been spending so much time with Bonnie. I mean I told her we hashed everything out so I wasn't lying.

"What do you mean?"

"She's a Siphoner and that mark on her back is something that was put into place a thousand years ago."

We both look at her shocked. She gives us a look like we're the crazy ones.

"Your birth mother is not here anymore."

"She's dead?"

"Not exactly.."

Caitlin walks past us to the wall her couch sits against. She holds her hand up to a spot and the wall splits, revealing a hallway.

She walks in, motioning for us to follow her. We walk in and the secret door closes.

"I think you forget how smart I actually am."

We walk until we get to a big room. It in its own way reminds me of my lair at Reed's house here.

It's got dozens of books and random artifacts. My eyes scan the books, landing on one in particular.

Bonnie beats me to it. It's almost like it was calling to her too. She grabs the book from the shelf as I hover over her shoulder.

"The Book of the Witches was originally written by a Maximoff." Caitlin says. "It was written a thousand years ago. And your mark is in that book."

Bonnie opens the book and starts flipping the pages. She stops and points to a woman that looks oddly similar to her.

"Why does she look like me."

"Because that's your mother."

We both look at Caitlin.