Chapter 3: Heart to heart

Andreas POV

I walked in the BnB room and locked it. "We are going to have to stay here for the night. You can take the bed and I'll take the couch."

I was tired. I haven't slept due to the stress and anger. As I took my jacket, she squealed.

Ava POV

My eyes widened as I  saw the blood seeping through Andreas's shirt. "Oh my god, you're hurt!" I exclaimed. I was actually worried about him.

Andreas grimaced, his face pale. "It's just a scratch," he muttered, but I could see the pain in his eyes.

I quickly took charge, moving him to the couch and examining the wound. "This needs to be cleaned and bandaged," I went to get the medical aid kit from he bathroom. Thank God this BnB was up to code.

As I  tended to his wound, Andreas would often twitch at every moment I touched him. He was staring at me via the reflection of the mirror. Eyes so beautiful and dark blue. He seemed to be studying me, his eyes filled with a mix of curiosity and wariness. This was the first time I had seen any glimpse of emotion coming from him.

Once the wound was dressed, I sat infront of said mirror and faced him. "You know, you're not as invincible as you think you are," I tried smiling a little just to ease the atmosphere in the room.

Andreas's expression softened, and for a moment, I saw a glimmer of vulnerability. "I know," he said quietly. "I just...can't show weakness, not even for a moment."

My heart felt like it was being twisted, his eyes looked like he hadn't slept for days. He looked, I don't know ."Why not?"

Andreas's gaze dropped, his voice barely above a whisper. "Because my mother taught me that showing weakness gets you killed."

My heart ached. "What did she do to you?"

Andreas's eyes flashed with pain, and he looked away, his jaw clenched. "She was a piece of work, my mother. Beautiful, charming...and deadly. She cheated on my dad, and when my half brother tried to report her. She killed him. Shot him with my father's gun"

My mind raced as I pieced together Andreas's past. What kind of mother would do that. So this is what he meant when he said that she's the reason he's like this. I wanna console and help him. Maybe I shouldn't hug him just yet"You're still hurting from what she did, aren't you?" I  asked softly.

Andreas's gaze snapped back to me, his eyes blazing with intensity. "I'm not hurting, I'm just...cautious. I can't trust anyone, especially not women. You hurt the most."

You know what, screw it. If he kills me so be it. I moved closer to him and hugged him  "I'm not your mother, Andreas," I whispered into his ear."I'm not going to hurt you.

I felt the tension melt off him. He let his guard down, and I could he wasn't at all used to this.

"The last time, I ever felt this way was before my brother died." He mumbled. He was currently shirtless and wrapped his arms around me as he rested his head on my shoulder. I was wearing his hoodie.

We stayed like that for a few minutes.

Andreas POV

This warm feeling, I wasn't used to it. It feels like back when my mother or brother used to hug me whenever I cried. But I have no tears anymore. A part of me began feeling guilty for her involvement in this whole battle. It wasn't even her's to fight.

"Ava, I'm sorry for getting you in so much trouble. You were exposed to that creepy perverted asshole LaRosa and his crew. "

I then broke the hug and looked her dead in the eyes. Tears had started roll down from her eyes. I pulled her back into my arms. I felt the painful sting of the bullet wound.

"Don't worry, everything will be okay. I'm here and I won't leave you." As I said this I could her tears roll down her back and her small whimpers.

It then hit me that, I had opened up to someone. A woman. I had opened up to a woman. Was that bullet filled with drugs or something.........

Us embracing each other wasn't that bad actually. She felt warm and soft. She smelled like the ocean night breeze. At this point the sun had set and she fell asleep in our embrace. I carried her to the bed and put her down and covered her.

I went to the bathroom and changed into my tracksuit. Before I put the black hoodie on I gazed at how well she bandaged up the bullet wound.

I got out the bathroom and locked here inside the BnB. I went to the car and say into there. I grabbed my phone and called Tim.
"Tim, what's the status of everyone?"

" Everyone made it out with minor injuries, luckily. If it weren't for the fact that we were in neutral territory and not in the snake hole. We'd all be dead."

"Alright, that's good. Hold the fort. Ill be back tomorrow with Ms Morales."

"No problem, Boss"

Hung up the phone and sat there for a few minutes. That was a relief. I went back inside our room. And checked on Ava once again. I was tired and my eyes showed it. As I was about to go to the couch, she grabbed my hand.

Ava POV

I can't let him sleep on the couch with that injury. Plus. It was cold so he'd be my source of warmth.
I pulled him into the blankets and and hugged him. I could feel his shock. " It's cold and you have a wound. You can't sleep on the couch "

He sighed, he didn't have the nergy to fight me. So he wrapped his big arms around me and we fell asleep.

Comment what Ava's reaction will be when she
wake up the next morning realizing she cuddled with Andreas
;)