Chapter 5: Judas Contract

Andreas POV

I was woken up by the morning light shining through the curtain. Ava was still asleep, so I gently got out of bed, trying not to disturb her. I made my way outside to the car, thinking about getting her breakfast as a gesture of gratitude for all the trouble she's been through.

The drive to the nearest diner was quiet and peaceful. The roads were empty, and the sunrise painted the sky in beautiful shades of golden orange. It was a sight that made me appreciate the beauty of life despite the chaos surrounding us.

As I pulled up at Bucky's Diner, a sense of unease washed over me when I noticed it was empty. I walked in and headed to the front desk, calling out to see if anyone was there. My voice echoed through the empty space, amplifying my concern. I decided to take a seat and rang the bell on the table, hoping someone would come out.

*Ding ding ding*

A woman emerged from the back, catching my attention with her model-like figure and captivating eyes. There was something about her gaze that hinted at danger. She greeted me with a friendly smile and asked how she could assist me. Her voice was pleasant, but there was an underlying tone that made me wary.

"I'll have your breakfast special and 2 cappuccinos, please," I requested, trying to ignore the nagging feeling in the back of my mind.

As she went to the back, the sounds of pots clanging and oil sizzling filled the air, accompanied by the enticing aroma of eggs and sausages. Moments later, a man in a suit walked in, exuding an intimidating presence. He sat down next to me, introducing himself as Mr. Sanchez.

Curiosity piqued, I asked him who he was and how I could help him, maintaining a nonchalant demeanor. I refused to let him see any sign of vulnerability, even though I knew I was at a disadvantage without my gun.

Mr. Sanchez chuckled and acknowledged that I hadn't heard of him before, emphasizing that I was still a rookie in the game. He then got straight to the point, sliding a paper with an address across the table.

"Bring her to this location," he said, his words laced with a veiled threat. I looked at him, taking the paper and pocketing it without showing any outward reaction.

"I'm not an Uber driver, and I don't owe you anything," I retorted, my frustration starting to show.

He laughed, his gaze fixed on me as red lights hovered over my chest. I felt trapped, realizing the gravity of the situation. He taunted me, mentioning that he had done his research on me and acknowledging the risks I had taken to protect Ava.

Before leaving, he made it clear that as long as Ava was safe, I wouldn't become an enemy of The Bamboka. I clenched my teeth, watching him walk out with an air of superiority.

After he left, my food arrived. I was about to pay, but the woman stopped me, assuring me that it was a courtesy. She too left, leaving me with a mix of questions and a sinking feeling in my gut. Who were the Bamboka, and why hadn't I heard of them? How vast was the underworld, and what did it have to do with Ava's father? I couldn't fathom the possibility of her lying to me, especially after the extensive research we had done on her family being scientists.

Ava's POV

I woke up and stretched, expecting to find Andreas next to me, but he was nowhere to be seen. It wasn't surprising, considering his mysterious nature. We had shared a vulnerable moment the previous night, opening up to each other, but now he had vanished without a word.

I sighed, grateful that we hadn't taken our physical intimacy further. The thought of losing my virginity to a man like him filled me with regret.

I noticed the clothes he had brought back and decided to get dressed. Just as I was about to leave, the door opened, and Andreas entered, holding plastic bags in his hand. I greeted him politely, but he walked past me without making eye contact.

"So, about last night..." I began, wanting to address the sudden distance between us.

"I brought back breakfast. Go eat. We need to leave," he interrupted, grabbing his phone and heading outside to the front office. I opened the plastic bag to find eggs and sausages, juicy and tempting. However, there was only one meal.

I wondered if he was broke or out of cash, or perhaps he had already eaten. I decided to eat half and leave the rest for him.

He returned, ready to go wherever we were headed. "Time to go," he said, glancing at the uneaten food on the coffee table. "You didn't finish your food," he pointed out, his tone carrying a mix of anger and frustration. "You also need to eat."

I responded, insisting that he needed to eat as well. "I'm fine," he hissed, his stubbornness evident. But I wasn't about to let him off the hook that easily. "No, you're not. You were bleeding yesterday, and you almost got us killed. I'm not asking you to eat, I'm telling you to go eat."

Reluctantly, he agreed with a click of his tongue. He begrudgingly sat down and started eating. It was a small victory, but I knew that taking care of ourselves was crucial in the dangerous situation we found ourselves in.

As we drove off, the car remained silent, and Andreas continued to ignore me. I couldn't help but feel frustrated by his coldness. Why did I have to be stuck with him? Why couldn't I be stuck in traffic or at work, away from all this criminal chaos?

Finally, we arrived at an old airplane runway, where a private jet was waiting for us. Confusion and curiosity filled my mind as I looked at Andreas. "Uhm, Andreas, I know I'm supposed to trust you with my life because you saved me, but where are we going and why do we have to fly there?"

"You're coming with me to make a Judas Contract," a voice from inside the plane called out.