Chapter 6: Gala Dinner

Andreas POV

The flight was long but peaceful. I was in the other room, as they were talking to Ava. I didn't trust these people. The man that was talking to Ava was Mr Sanchez and Wolfgang Bamboka, Leader of the biggest crime syndicate in Europe, and somehow Ava Morales was related to that man.

Few minutes had passed and Ava came out walking and sat next to me. Her eyes baggy and red, maybe she was crying. She layed her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. The tension slowly melting away from her body.

Mr Sanchez stepped in and looked at me. "Mr Bamboka is asking for your presence." He said with a serious tone. I looked up at him and simply replied "It can wait."

I don't know what I was feeling but I wasn't happy with them making Ava cry. Mr Sanchez was about to argue but Mr Bamboka stepped in. "You have guts kid. To make a very powerful man like me wait." He chuckled.

"I don't give two shots how powerful you are. Yu made Ava cry. Which may equal your death or atleast you being beat up."

Wolfgang POV

Wow, this kid has balls. I can tell, my granddaughter may have been at the wrong place at the wrong time but she met a great man.

"Hahahahaha, I like you kid. You've got guts and I can see you're dead serious with your words....Lil Sanchez left a strong man in his stead."

He glared at me, I could see death in his eyes. I sat in the seat facing him and Ava. He didn't stop glaring at me.

"What ties does your bodyguard have with my family?"
He asked, irritation at the back of his voice.

"Your father saved my life" Lucious answered as he sat next to me. "That doesn't explain why you have my family's name." Andreas was very irritated but his facial expression was neutral. " In order for me to be free from my previous employer, he changed my last name to Sanchez, signifying that I was under his protection."

"Okay " he responded. No emotion or facial expression behind it. Just neutral.

Andreas POV

We were prepping for a Gala Dinner. Me and Ava were sticking close together for the past few days. We both agreed on that because though they are related she doesn't trust Wolfgang or Lucious. She trusted me.

I had picked out a all black suit with red accents. The Gala Dinner was important apparently. They had international Mafia groups, political parties, and business CEOs at the event.  Wolfgang wanted Ava to come along with him as a way to get to know her. I find that stupid because he's probably going to be too busy for her.

I walked out and waited in the lobby for Ava. I decided to text Franky to check if he's still handling everything well.

"How do I look?" I heard Ava ask, nervousness evident in her voice. As I looked up, my heart almost skipped a beat. I was a bit lost for words. The red mermaid dress that showed of her beautiful curves and plump ass, her perfectly sized breasts cupped nicely with her cleavage visible but not too revealing. Her hair was in curls and her lips were red like cherries and her eyes, they captivated me the most.

For a good 2 minutes I was staring at her. I snapped out of it. "You look okay" I returned back to my senses.  She gave me a pout and look of dissatisfaction. We walked over to the limo and rode off to the Dinner.

At the dinner it was very busy, politicians to left, Mafia leaders to the right. We walked over to Mr Bamboka's table. I pulled a seat out for Ava and she looked at me, a little surprised but thankful. Mr Bamboka had already ordered for us.

The food arrived and mine hadn't. I wasn't quite comfortable eating in a place I don't know and I wasn't comfortable with Ava doing the same either. So I took some of her food as I waited for mine. She wanted to fight me on it but was disrupted by Mr Bamboka's laugh.

"You two love birds are funny."

"WE AREN'T DATING" we bothed retorted with a small blush evident in the both of us. He raised up his hands in defence and continued to laugh.

Later in the night. Mr Bamboka went to a different table to discuss some matters. So I was left with Ava alone.
"I'm going to the bathroom " she said as she stood up and walked away form the table. Mr Bamboka came back and sat next to me. "Kid..no, Andreas. Your father told you to not give up on love, so don't. I see the way you look at my little Ava. I trust you'll take care of her. You've got my blessings."

I was feeling nervous and caught off guard so I kind of choked on my drink. I looked at him. "Shouldn't her parents be the ones saying that?" I responded.

"Her parents died, because of my error in judgement." He said, guilt and sadness though barely noticeable riddled in his voice. When he saw Ava coming back, he handed me a locket, I opened it to see my dad and him. Standing next to my dad was my witch of a mother. The sight of her made my blood simmer. At the bottom of the picture there was something written "Amor periculum est, Sanchez periculum cautores sunt"(Love is a risk, Sanchez are risk takers)

I smiled and realised I was running from the Sanchez motto.
Sin riesgo no hay recompensa

So when Ava reached the table,  I stood up and faced her. I breathed in"Let's get out of here"

She looked at me with confusion. "We need to talk"
I said as I pulled her by her waist and was inches away from her face. She turned red but didn't push me away.

She pinched me and walked off to the car. I followed.
The car ride was quite but she was lying on my chest. We arrived at the hotel we were staying at.

Her heels off, we made our way to our rooms......