22. Fuck me in the ass ;)

'A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.'

Proverbs 17:22 (NRSV)

Evangeline

I step to the side, gesturing him into the office. Gabriel's face tightens as he walks in. "I'll be outside," I state as I walk out of the office, closing the door behind me. I take a moment to let out a tight breath. Did I actually suck Gabriel's finger, insinuating the things I want to do to him? My stomach flutters at the thought, but a sense of worry comes over me as I think I may have gone too far before he was ready.

I pull out my phone, dialling the number of the only person who could help in this situation. It rings three times before it's picked up.

"Evangeline?" He speaks on the other end of the line.

"Ugh, Jonathan, I need your help," I say, walking out of the church's back door and towards the steps. I sit down on the lower step, not wanting Gabriel or his father to overhear this conversation.

"Oh, Evangeline, pray tell." I hear him shuffling some paper as it sounds like he's taking a seat.

"It's okay if you're busy; I can call you back," I say, realising he is most likely at work.

"Oh no, honey, you've got my attention. And anyway, I was going on my break in five minutes."

I tell him everything since we went our separate ways from the diner, from his confession to our passionate session in the office a mere ten minutes ago.

"Well, fuck me in the arse and call me Nora, I fucking knew it!" Jonathan expresses.

"I know, I know, I don't need you to tell me you told me so, but I feel kind of lost. I'm not sure how to navigate this thing happening. Like Jonathan, when he asked me to show him what I would do, I practically came undone then and there. I felt like the inexperienced one. How is this man, who has no experience in the bedroom, having me nearly reach my climax with a couple of words?" I sigh into the phone as I play with the loose threads of my dress.

"Oh, you're screwed, Evangeline. That man is going to ruin you, completely wreck you. I've met men like him, dangerous I tell you."

"What do you mean?" A slight hint of concern in my voice.

"If, based on everything you've told me, he is exactly what he's like, that man is primal. He's running off his basic instincts, and if his basic instincts are that intuitive, that man is about to be a force to be reckoned with, an animal I tell you. I'm kind of jealous."

The butterflies are back as I take in his words. "Do you think?"

"Oh no, I know. I once had a fling during college with a guy who had never partaken in such sexual activities, or so he said, and completely destroyed me. I couldn't walk for days. Hate to say it, Evangeline, but you're out of your depth now, sweetheart. Once that man gets a taste of you, you'll be fucking like rabbits."

My face warms at the idea of Gabriel and me. I clear my throat, at the same time clearing my thoughts. "He's taking me out tomorrow after his service. He said it was a surprise and won't tell me anything."

"Oh, a romantic as well! You've really struck gold. I need to come down and meet this man. Does he have a brother?" I chuckle.

"Jonathan, you're married."

"Yes, and? Me and Michael are very adventurous, I'll have you know."

"Based on your high school years, I'm sure you are." I laugh as we carry on our conversation, Jonathan giving me tidbits of advice here and there. After about thirty minutes on the phone, we say our goodbyes and hang up.