A Rocky Recovery

Pomni spent forever attempting to figure out what she did to Ragatha. She didn't have the slightest idea or clue of what she must've done to her.

Luckily today, Caine planned out a special adventure for the purpose of bonding. He was personally fed up with the constant dramatic changes in relationships between everyone in the circus. Ragatha acting strangely was the last straw.

      As usual, everyone had the opportunity to eat breakfast and then the theme song played out. Caine proceeds to explain what exactly our adventure was going to be.

C: "Bubble and I have created a journey that will test your ability to trust your partner.. which will be the person of your least interest and preference. This should be a bonding experience, and you may have to face your biggest fears in this one.. Oh lord, oh mighty, this one may be a doozy for sure!"

B: "You guys will be tripping the [#!\#!*] out!"

Caine stares hesitantly before he responds..

C: "Remember Bubble... Family friendly language! Now, let's get this show started!! Simply make your way through the portal and you will have a blast!!"

        Caine was met with a few sighs from the crowd. It was obvious that the circus was not pleased at the sound of this adventure. Caine suddenly becomes all the more wobbly and very quick in his actions. In one go, he manages to get everyone into the adventure almost instantly at the snap of his fingers.

      Everyone appears in the adventure, with a physical chain locked on one of their ankles (or something similar to it....) to their partner. Jax and Zooble, Gangle and Kinger, then surprisingly... Ragatha and Pomni were put together. To put it in perspective, the terms that the rag doll and jester were on, were horrific. All Ragatha did was avoid the jester at all costs, and now they were chained together.

          They were outside; in a dark forest of all places. It was cloudy and a tad bit windy. The wind made Pomni shiver, it's been too long since she could feel an external element affect her physical well being.  She looked over to see the rag dolly not even facing her direction, her beautiful red fabric hair swaying as the wind blew through the forest. She swallowed harshly as she looked down at the chain connecting them.

     For once, Pomni didn't give Ragatha a stupid phrase or unenthusiastic response. She genuinely felt bad, even though she had no clue what she did wrong; however, she had a few ideas as for why she made Ragatha so upset.

P: "Look, I understand that I am the last person you want to be around and do this with. I wish I put more of my time and effort into our relationship, considered your emotions and care as more valuable. I wish I was there enough for you so you felt comfortable enough to share with me how I could make all of this up to you."

    Pomni stared up at the swaying purple dress and red hair, watching Ragatha clutching her soft plush hands. For the first time in about two weeks, Ragatha turned around and looked at Pomni. She was crying, and it surprisingly made her look really pretty.

Ragatha shuttered while speaking...

R: "You always know how to make my emotions into a complete mess, don't you my little Jester?"

   Ragatha giggled and smiled slightly. Ragatha's heart melted at the sweetest words Pomni's ever said to her. The apology was genuine and sincere. It didn't make up for the current emotions she desperately wanted to be gone so badly but,.. it was definitely a nice start to recovery.

   Pomni was flabbergasted though. She felt too stunned to respond. She was attempting to piece together what exactly those words meant from Ragatha. She could only feel her hands trembling while making eye contact. For the first time, she felt that familiar sensation of care from Ragatha again. If Pomni could sweat, she would be sweating bullets right now. The only interaction she could muster up in the moment, is offer her shaky hand and a slightly nervous grin to the rag doll.

   Ragatha hesitated at the offer, her one eye exploding with so much emotion and doubt. Pomni knew those emotions all too well. Pomni spoke once more.

"I promise you're safe with me for however long we're in this game together for. You don't ever have to speak to me again after this, please... just let me attempt to make this up to you."

   Ragatha as much as she hated to admit it, she swooned over Pomni's words and boldness. Ragatha was attempting to get rid of these feelings, not let them blow up into something bigger. She signed and sounded defeated by her partner words.

R: "Fine, just this once my Jester."

(TO BE CONTINUED...)