Tripping Over You

Ragatha and Pomni finally started the game, trailing behind the others who had a head start due to being sappy and emotional. As they ventured into the dark forest, filled with eerie noises, they held hands, squeezing at each other's fingers tightly whenever the path becomes a little treacherous.

Leaves crunched underneath their feet as they made their way through the forest. Their path leading to an ornate, old hotel perched on the side of a hill. It's facade looking ominously in the twilight. Their surroundings seemed to be a small rural town that actually seemed sort realistic enough to what they remembered the real world to be.

To Ragatha's surprise, Pomni took the lead. She was determined to keep her promise of making up for everything she might've done. They entered the hotel, looking disheveled and lost. The hotel receptionist greeted them with a wide grin.

"Welcome to the Newsham Hotel, where your biggest nightmares come true. What can I do for a married couple like the both of you?"

Pomni's face grew a dark purple while Ragatha's face grew dark red before responding.

"Actually, sir, we're not married... we're just... uh, friends. Yeah, friends."

The man seems very confused before saying.

"Whatca mean? You both have rings on the fourth finger on both of your left hands."

Pomni and Ragatha looked down at their hands to see the rings on both of their fourth fingers. Additionally, their entire outfits have changed without them even noticing.

Ragatha was wearing a old fashioned medieval renaissance dress with her hair up in a ponytail. Pomni was now wearing a renaissance musketeer outfit that oddly suited her body type. Pomni was not even wearing her typical hat now which made Ragatha giggle at the view of one hair strand sticking outwards. It was cute.

   Pomni looked back at the man and then dismissed the previous conversation and got to the point.

P: "I am assuming that you need us to do something for you?"

       The man laughed before continuing on with the change of topic.

"So, I will give you a room key. Your goal is to go through this insanely complicated hotel to find your room; however, you may need to go through multiple rooms to find other rooms in the hotel. Please take your time going through the hotel, not all rooms are safe to go inside of. Additionally, the hotel knows your deepest fears, so I wish you the best of luck."

       The man hands Pomni a key and suddenly disappears, leaving Ragatha and Pomni speechless...

       Pomni and Ragatha exchanged a tense, frightened glance. Despite their fear, they knew they had to press on. Together they stepped into the dimly lit hallway. Pomni muttered under her breath...

P: "Room number is 690..."

   Ragatha picked up on what Pomni muttered. Her mind went blank and her body was unable to move when she reached out for a doorknob and opened it. she gasped at the slight of all sorts of centipedes, maggots, and spiders crawling around the room. She shut the door closed with a trembling hand before covering her mouth with her free hand. Ragatha felt like throwing up.

   As soon as Pomni noticed, Ragatha fainted right into her arms. Pomni chastised herself for not stopping Ragatha from opening the door, vowing to stay by her side at all times. She gently lowered herself to the floor cradling Ragatha's head in her lap. Pomni observed her partner closely. Her face was so soft; so gentle. Pomni found herself softly fidgeting around with Ragatha's soft red curls, she never realized it before but.. the rag doll was really pretty. The little jester was lost in thought, especially since her eyes were fixated upon the dolly's lips.

    Ragatha softly opened her one eye to see adorably wide pinwheel eyes staring at her in return. Her heart fluttered and her cheeks turned rosy. She slowly sat up and whispered.

R: "T-Thanks for staying with me..., I passed out didn't I?"

     Pomni giggled at her, and her dorky genuine smile slipped through.

P: "Yes, Yes you did. Now, I made a promise that I would make it up to my queen, didn't I?"

      Ragatha's response was complete utter flattery to the sudden reference to her being "her queen." She stared with a wide eye into the pinwheel eyes in front of her. Ragatha's instincts screamed to want to reach out and touch her, but her fear took control of her. As much as she knew she wanted the Jester, it won't be right to do anything against her will.

    The thought of being the Jester's queen was all she secretly wanted deep down, but she knew the jester probably would never see her in that manner. So she stood up and sucked it up.

R: "We should push forward now, shall we?"

    Ragatha offered her a hand, and helped her up to her feet. Pomni nodded her head, and they continued searching...

Reference for outfits

(TO BE CONTINUED)

(TO BE CONTINUED)