The Reveal

((TRIGGERS: SEXUAL ASSAULT IS MENTIONED VERY BRIEFLY))

     Ragatha's eyes fluttered open; her vision blurry until she regained consciousness. Pain shoot through her, a piercing and pokey sensation. Despite the discomfort, she was relieved to see a familiar face in front of her. Her little Jester.

   "Ragatha? Are you doing alright? Tell me how many fingers I'm holding up." Pomni asked, her voice filled with concern.

Ragatha blinked a few times, focusing. "Three" she muttered weakly.

Pomni's face lit up with relief. "Oh Ragatha, you scared me half to death. I sewed you back together, how do you feel?"

Ragatha looked down at the uneven stitches, feeling a mix of tight and loose threads tugging uncomfortably at her fabric. "Better, but definitely sore," she admitted. "I'm unsure if I can walk in this condition."

Pomni looked uncertain; her mind racing for a solution. Suddenly, an idea dawned on her. She quickly enveloped Ragatha in her arms, lifting her up bride style.

    Ragatha gasped, partly from pain but also from genuine shock. She had forgotten how light she was. The jester's smile beamed down at her, and despite the pain, Ragatha couldn't help but giggle and swoon a little.

    Pomni turned slowly, carefully avoiding the needles on the floor, and approached the door across the room. With her hands full of soft cotton, she couldn't open the door. Ragatha reached out, turning the knob and pushing it open.

    The next room was filled with ominous black shadows of tall men. Statues of nearly naked were posed in disturbing senses of sexual assault and violence. Ragatha quickly covered her eyes with her soft plush hands.

   Pomni stood frozen in shock. She had never imagined Ragatha harbored such a deep fear of men. While Pomni was bisexual, the grotesque displays made her stomach churn. She pieced together Ragatha's fear, and felt a surge of anger. Though not prone to violence, this sight filled her with rage

     Ragatha uncovered one of her eyes to see Pomni's angry expression. She gently placed a soft plush hand on Pomni's cheek, her heart beating faster at the touch. "Shh... it's okay. I'm in safe hands now, remember?"

   Ragatha's soothing voice turned Pomni's rage into a calm, gentle resolve. She took in a deep breath and began to hum a soft melody. Ragatha felt the jester's grip loosen, and they moved toward the door to their right. Exchanging a peculiar glance, Pomni managed to open the next door despite her hands being full. The sight inside made her knees weak.

    The room was pitch dark expect for one corner, where a starved and lost creature breathed softly in the light. It was chained up, unable to see anything beyond its corner, perhaps forever. The room was covered in a foreign, petrifying liquid that reeked. As the creature turned, the light went out, plunging the room into darkness.

    Pomni's adrenaline spiked. She carefully navigated the sticky, slippery floor, Ragatha's touch keeping her steady. As they approached the door to their right, Pomni almost slipped but Ragatha kept her upright. The ominous noises of chains rattling and shaking kept the both of them on the edge.

    In a rush, Ragatha grabbed the doorknob and opened it. Pomni hurried through and shut the door behind them, locking it. She gently placed Ragatha on the floor, but Ragatha gasped. In a panic, she said,  "Pomni, I need you to close your eyes for me please."

(TO BE CONTINUED....)