So Many Doors

Ragatha stood in front of the next door and cautiously turned the door knob. As the door creaked, the sight inside distraught the dolly. It was a statue that allegedly appeared to be a young woman standing looking sad as another group of statues that appeared as other people walking away with angry expressions.

She hesitated. Uncertain about if the statues were actually statues or if they were some sort of creatures of this world. The room was covered in grime, with a single light casting a somber glow on the young woman.

Pomni stood there, lost and a bit confused. She looked up at Ragatha and politely asked.

P: "What exactly does this room mean for you?"

R: "Well, to me it represents loss." Ragatha replied. "The young woman who is losing the ones she cares about the most. The group leaving signifies the countless times she was abandoned without an explanation."

Pomni nodded in understanding. "So, you're scared of losing the ones that mean the most to you."

Ragatha sighed and looked down at the jester. "Yes, that's exactly what this room is."

Ragatha stepped inside, her emotions boiling up to the surface, filled with pain and hurt. Misunderstandings that would never be solved that were more related to when she was once human. As hard as it is to believe for the sweet dolly. She struggled with attachments and now she has a lot of trust issues that really prevents her from gaining genuine intimacy.

Pomni tagged along but she found a strange device on the floor. She picked it up and it appeared to function like a simple tablet. Pomni turned it on and a list appeared.

Rooms Visited.
-130
-69
-111
-270
-420

Pomni then explored around on the tablet and found a digital map of the hotel. A floor plan that showed the path way of where to go next for the duo.

Ragatha stopped in her tracks and stared back at Pomni. She had no clue where Pomni found a tablet; however, after Pomni pulled up the map and found where they were. She then explained how many more rooms they had to go through in order to make it to room 690. That guy wasn't joking about this hotel being overly complex.

P: "So we will have to take a door to the left, then three straight and two to the right and we should make it to the room."

R: "Six more rooms?... Hopefully all those rooms are rooms we can go through safety.

P: "It's been fine so far, I am sure we can handle whatever comes our way."

R: "Alrighty then, it's your turn to open the door to the left then."

Pomni nervously approached the door, he hand trembling as she turned the knob. Ragatha stayed close behind her. The room beyond was brightly lit, with almost every wall filled with holes. So many holes. Pomni started freaking out when her eyes traveled all around the room. Until she felt soft plush hands cover her eyes. Ragatha bends over and whispers in her ear.

R: "Shhh... it's okay. I can carry you through this. You just need to not throw off my balance okay? It appears that we could actually fall down one of these holes."

Pomni swallowed hard, not because of her panicked state but because the warm breath against her neck gave her shivers and her heart began to race. When Ragatha wraps her hands against Pomni's waist and picks her up, her eyes go wide with excitement. Ragatha was carrying her against her torso and chest. Pomni's head went completely blank and went into a complete state of a bisexual panic. The dolly didn't even notice how much she was affected by her, she simply thought it was a fear response.

While the jester was absolutely distracted. Ragatha took every step with cation. She eventually made it across the room and opened the next door. The room smelled of cleaning products and had a very distinctive look. It looked like a surgery room, with a bunch of statues working on a patient. Ragatha eventually placed Pomni back down on her feet but an out of pocket conversation occurs between the both of them.

P: "Why did you put me down? I wanted to stay there a little longer."

Ragatha gives her a bit of a confused and lost expression before asking.

R: "Well, we're not going to fall into any holes now so.. I thought-"

Pomni interrupted her.

P: "Nope, you've thought wrong. I want uppies again."

Ragatha gave her a cheap smirk in response and she then bends down so their faces are the same level.

R: "Oh, you'll get uppies. After you make it up to me okay?"

*Suddenly a noise of a loud beating, representing a heart beat suddenly goes flat.*

P: "Are you scared of death, Ragatha?"

R: "No, but I'm haunted by the idea of relying on someone else to save my life by cutting open my body and messing around with my insides...."

Pomni wasn't there to judge Ragatha by any means. When she put it in that manner it was understandable. It more seemed to be a fear of surgery when she was once human... well because she doesn't exactly have insides now... at least it seemed unlikely. Pomni grabbed Ragatha's hand and caress her thumb against it.

They savored the moment before they continued onward.

(TO BE CONTINUED....)