Rejection

Pomni closed her eyes, fully trusting Ragatha's guidance. Ragatha bit down on her lip, absolutely terrified. She saw statues of herself and Pomni.

    They weren't threatening, but if Pomni saw them, it would expose every emotion that Ragatha had hidden. The statue of herself was slumped and frowning, while the statue of Pomni held a love note, tearing it up. The room was covered in wallpaper with broken hearts, and dead flowers were scattered all over the floor. Letters and photos of Pomni plastered the walls.

It was mortifying for Ragatha to even look at. She was in too much pain to stand up, and she needed a plan to keep Pomni from seeing this embarrassment room.

     Pomni broke the uncomfortable silence. "Is there immediate danger right now?"

    Ragatha, a terrible lair, opted for the truth. "No, but please keep your eyes closed for me."

    Pomni, puzzled, asked. "Why? An explanation would be nice."

    Ragatha sighed, holding onto her stomach in pain. Uhh... do you want me to be honest?"

  Pomni was even more confused. "Yes! Please just tell me."

  "Well, this room is the most embarrassing thing I have ever seen." Ragatha admitted, her expression softening as she giggled.

    Pomni relaxed a bit. "Whatever it is, I'm sure it's not that embarrassing after everything we've been through."

    Ragatha laughed but winced immediately from the pain."No, trust me. It's bad."

  Despite Ragatha's warning, Pomni's curiosity got the best of her. She turned around and uncovered her eyes.

  Ragatha tried to get up but failed. She was in no condition to cover up the embarrassing display.

  Pomni took in the sight. At first, she was shocked to see herself all over the walls and the statues of her and Ragatha. It was clear what this room meant, but for a moment, she was in disbelief.

   Ragatha, out of all people, liked her? The anxious little jester who rarely showed gratitude? She did everything because she had a crush on her..? The realization brought tears to Pomni's eyes, her heart breaking and melting at the same time.

   Ragatha watched, hesitant and scared of Pomni's reaction. She feared Pomni would find her gross and want to distance herself. Ragatha couldn't bare the thought of losing her.

   The room fell silent.

Pomni moved slightly, her eyes watery but full of care. She picked Ragatha up again, cradling her gently. She pressed her lips against Ragatha's neck and whispered.

"I would never reject my queen."

Chills ran down Ragatha's spine. Her fearful expression softened into one of love. She bit her bottom lip, her face flushed and her heart pounding. Was Pomni actually doing this right now or was she dreaming? She uttered two words she been holding onto forever now.

"Kiss me."

Pomni hesitated. Ragatha really didn't mind the reaction; she knew Pomni wanted to. Ragatha reached for Pomni and began to gently caress her. Both their hearts pounded in their ears. Eyes exploring every inch of emotion displayed.

Their lips clashed softly. Pomni grasped exposed parts of Ragatha while their mouths spoke a different language. Ragatha swore she could feel her whole body vibrating at the sensation and warmth of the kiss.

Once parted, they were dazed by the sensation. They melted into one once again. The texture of soft lips melded with tears of joy. The warmth of soft skin against each other, it was something they never imagined would feel so good.

Now flushed and flustered, they pulled apart, catching for air. Ragatha had tears streaming down her cheeks, yet she was smiling. Pomni chuckled and asked. "Are you ready to finish this game my Queen?"

"Why yes, I'm ready as long as I will be by your side my Jester."

They both approached one last door, and walked through it...

((Thank you so much for reading my fanfic!! Vote for your favorite parts or share it with others. It's greatly appreciated!! : D))