CHAPTER 3:

Meeting MJ•

*Unedited* this chapter is kind of short.
Pic is from myakimmis123

— EDDIE'S P.O.V —

As Buck promised he stayed beside me everyday we visited a group home. Each day we managed to visit one to two group homes but we still couldn't find her.

"Alright. First we're going to check that one group home downtown." I said.

I was at Buck's apartment. We were both standing while I was looking at my phone trying to find more group homes near us.

"Okay." He smiled.

"Am I pushy? I mean, I could just adopt other kids like everybody says–"

"Not everybody." He interrupted me. "You want to adopt the girl, give her a second chance, it's what you do. Now, stop–" He said but I spoke.

"What if–" He didn't let me finish again.

"And enough with the what ifs, okay? We'll find her before Chris' birthday." He wrapped his arms around my neck.

"It's day three now, and Christopher's birthday is just in two days." I sighed and rested my head to his shoulder.

"Alright, come on, let's go. Maybe we'll have luck today." He tapped my shoulder.

We headed outside and went to the group home I was talking about, but she was still not there. Not until the last one we visited for the day.

"What's her name, sir?" One of the social workers asked.

"Uh, Mya Juliana Rose but she goes by MJ." I said, hoping that she was here.

"Oh, she's here." She said, and I was relieved.

"Really? Can we meet her?" Buck asked.

"We're planning to adopt the girl." I butted in.

"Of course. I'll go get her." She said and left.

Buck and I sat down.

"I told you we'll find her." Buck smiled and put his hand on top of mine.

I smiled back and said, "Yeah, thank you for being here."

After a few minutes, the social worker came back with MJ. At first I saw a confusion drawn on her face but it got replaced by a smile she saw us.

I tapped Buck's lap while looking at her.

"So, MJ this Mr. Diaz and Mr. Buckley. They are the ones who wants to adopt you. Mind if you talk to them?" The introduced us.

"You're Buck, right?" She said looking at him.

"Yes, I am. How are you?" Buck smiled.

"I'm all good and fully healed, thanks to you guys." She excitedly smiled. "I'm sorry mister, but I didn't catch your name.." She looked at me.

"Oh, right. I'm Eddie, Eddie Diaz." I extended my hand and we shook hands.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Diaz." She smiled.

She's very polite...

"Just Eddie."

"Oh, okay, Eddie." She said. Buck looked at me with a wide smile on his face

Our conversation continued. We asked each other questions. As I watched her and Buck talking and laughing, I saw... a family.

As she told us about herself, we learned that her parents were still alive, she was just given up for adoption because her parents were drug addicts and in a rehab facility, and none of her parents families wanted to take her in. She was absolutely fun when you got to know her.

After we talked, the social workers went and talked to us. Our appointment was set the next day. MJ was a really sweet girl.

He stopped by at my apartment to get some things he left this morning.

"So..." Buck spoke. "Ready for tomorrow?"

"I'm excited. So, so, so excited, babe! I mean, we've been looking for her and now–"

"Babe?" I interrupted him.

"What?"

"You called me babe?"

"Um, uh..." He stammered.

"Alright. Go now. Christopher's waiting for you." I opened the door for him.

"Uh, yeah. Bye. I'll see you tomorrow." He said and started walking.

"Be safe... babe." I smiled and I was about to close the door but he ran back and gave me a hug.

"Thank you for coming with me, Buck. I love you."

"I love you too." I pulled away. "Go get Chris to school. I'll come over tonight, okay?" I said.

"Okay. See you tonight then."

"Bye, see you!" I said and he left.

I love seeing him happy. I think he'll be happier with his new family. I smiled at that thought and closed the door. It's been a day and I really can't wait for tomorrow.

♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥ ★ ♥

Hey, my Loves! Sorry for the late updates. I've been busy lately since our school is about to start next week, but I promise to publish at least 1-2 chapters every week. That's all thanks.

–J. Anaaa