CHAPTER 2:

- EDDIE'S P.O.V -

"I'm listening.." I smiled at Chris and Buck.

I admit, I'm kind of nervous here. I mean, what is this about that we have to go to Buck's apartment?? Is it something serious??

"Can I have a sibling?" Christopher said looking at me.

I slightly opened my mouth, shocked. My eyes slightly widened.

What??

"C-Come again?" I'm still confused.

"I... Can I have a sister or a brother?" He repeated.

I looked at Buck, he was just staring at me.

"I know this is kind of surprising," He said.

"Kind of?" I looked into his eyes, "Of course it is, Chris." He won't look at me. I took a deep breath, "I'm sorry, okay? I just wasn't expecting this.." I held his hands.

"So, uh, Chris." Buck cleared his throat, "Tell him." He said patting his shoulder.

I looked at Christopher.

"It's just that, all my friends, classmates, they have someone who picks them up, they have someone to play with at their house, they have someone who-"

"You're... jealous of them?" I didn't let him finish.

"Yeah, I think." He looked at me.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I woke up early and called Carla. She just arrived here.

"Are you sure you don't mind taking him to school?" I was talking to her.

"It's okay, Eddie." She said patting me on the shoulder. "Mind if I ask why are you going to work one 1hour early?" She asked.

"I have to talk to Buck." I said while rinsing the dishes.

"You gonna tell him you like him?" She grinned.

How the hell did she...

"W-What do you mean?" I cleared my throat.

"Come on, Eddie. The way you look at him? It's not the 'friend' way." She put down her bag on the couch and came to me. "I know." She whispered.

"Is it really that obvious?" I whispered back.

I turned off the faucet and faced her.

"It is to me. I mean I've been cleaning your room many times. I found a lot of-"

"Good morning, dad. Good morning, Carla." I heard Christopher greeted us.

"Hey, good morning, bud." I hugged him. "So, Carla's gonna take you to school today, okay? I gotta go to work early." I said and kissed his forehead.

I was about to go out but Christopher spoke.

"Are you still upset about yesterday?" He asked.

"Hey, I told you, I'm just surprised. I'm not upset, okay?" I said and hugged him again.

"Someone mind telling me what happened?" Carla said chuckling.

"I'll tell her. Don't worry, dad. Just go to work." He smiled at me.

"Okay, thanks buddy. I love you. Bye-bye." I said and picked up my bag.

"Be safe!" They both said as I head out the door.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I arrived at the firehouse and Buck was already
in the locker room.